Captivating Walk through Old Delhi's Colorful Chandni Chowk & Private Transfer
The three-hour walking tour of historic Chandni Chowk (Moonlight Square) starts and ends at Jama Masjid mosque. You are guided along different streets dedicated to one type of product. The walk takes you through the colorful, busy bazaars and past historic shrines around Old Delhi’s charming main strip. Enjoy the excellent view of Old Delhi from Jama Masjid, one of India's largest mosques.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- 2 bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Delhi and our guide will escort you in an air conditioned vehicle to Old Delhi, the walled part of Delhi that served as the capital of the Mughals until the end of the Mughal Dynasty.
In the 17th century, the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, made his capital in the area that broadly covers present-day Old Delhi. Today, it is one of the city’s most crowded, chaotic and captivating areas, with sights, smells, and sounds approaching sensory overload. You will walk through the colorful bazaars and historic shrines around Old Delhi’s main strip, Chandni Chowk.
Pass By: Friday Mosque (Jama Masjid), 6 km North of Connaught Pl. across from Lal Qila, New Delhi India
Hear about Old Delhi’s history from your guide as you pass by renowned sites like the UNESCO World Heritage Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
Pass By: Digambar Jain Temple, Opposite Red Fort Old Delhi, New Delhi 110002 India
and one of Asia’s largest, and get a glimpse of the Red Fort. Walk past the Digambar Jain Temple. The focal devotional room (first floor) has images and statues of revered Jain figures such as Lord Mahavira and Lord Parasnath. There’s a bird hospital on the temple compound.
Pass By: Gauri Shankar Temple, Church Mission Marg, New Delhi 110006 India
Next door is the Hindu Gauri Shankar Temple built in honor of Lord Shiva. It has a lingam believed to be around 800 years old, as well as statues of Shiva, Parvati (Shiva’s wife), and their sons, Ganesh and Kartik. The marble chair is that of the Hindu saint, Bhagat Swaroup Bramachari, who spent over 50 years at this temple.
Pass By: Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, Chandni Chowk Rd, New Delhi 110006 India
Not far away on Chandni Chowk is the Sisganj Gurdwara, a Sikh temple built at the place where, in 1675, the Mughals killed Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Sikh Guru. Continue walking until you come to the renowned Jalebiwala, a 140 year old sweet shop on the corner of Chandni Chowk and Dariba Kalan Road. Pause to fuel up on delicious sticky jalebis (deep-fried syrupy “squiggles”). Test the shopping at the bazaar along Dariba Kalan Road, which focuses on jewelry—mainly silver, but also some gold and jewelry. Walk a little further and you reach Kinari bazaar, which specializes in wedding paraphernalia, such as glittering tinsel decorations and ornate bridal accessories.
Pass By: Khari Baoli, India
Enjoy a short rickshaw ride on your way to the spice market known as Khari Baoli, the biggest spice market in Asia. You then explore the area of Ballimaaran, home to many havelis (private mansions). Learn about the historical and architectural significance of these havelis, including Ghalib Ki haveli, the mansion of influential Urdu poet Mirza Ghalib. Take a left turn and you are in Delhi’s largest books market Nai Sarak.
You will end your walk at Jama Masjid mosque and return by vehicle to your hotel in Delhi.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 2 years
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.