Capuchos Convent Skip-the-Line Ticket
This admission ticket will gain you access to the Capuchos Convent. A Franciscan convent built in direct contact with nature and in keeping with a philosophy of extreme architectural and decorative simplicity.
How does it work?
- You will receive an email confirmation at the time of your booking
- A second email with your valid e-ticket (pdf attachment) will be sent within 48 hours after your booking was made. This is the e-ticket that will gain you access to the Convent. Please ensure that you check your emails and you have received it before the day of your visit.
per adult from
What's included :
- Booking fees
- Entry/Admission - Inside Lisbon Tours
- Entry/Admission - Convento dos Capuchos
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Inside Lisbon Tours, Campo Pequeno 48 6º Dir., Lisbon 1000-081 Portugal
Visit: Convento dos Capuchos, Rua de Sao Pedro Parques de Sintra, Colares 2705-157 Portugal
The last wishes of an illustrious noble with a brilliant career in the Orient were to build a Franciscan convent at the very heart of the Sintra hills, in direct contact with nature and in keeping with a philosophy of extreme architectural and decorative simplicity.
The Capuchos Convent was founded in 1560 by Dom Álvaro de Castro, a State Councillor to King Sebastião, with the name of Convento de Santa Cruz da Serra de Sintra, and was placed in the hands of Franciscan friars in fulfilment of a vow that he had made to his father, Dom João de Castro, the fourth viceroy of India.
The Capuchos Convent is extremely small in size, being notable for the great poverty of its construction. It is also known as the “Cork convent” because of the extensive use of cork in the protection and decoration of its tiny spaces. Its rustic appearance and great austerity are indissociable from the surrounding vegetation, since the building is completely integrated into the natural environment, to the extent that enormous granite boulders have been incorporated into its construction.
Departure Point :Inside Lisbon Tours, Campo Pequeno 48 6º Dir., Lisbon 1000-081 Portugal
Departure Time :11/24/2020 - 1/6/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You will receive a second email with your valid e-ticket (pdf attachment) within 48 hours after your booking was made. You will need this valid e-ticket to gain access to the Convent. Please ensure that you have received it or contact your local supplier Inside Lisbon Tours.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- With your ticket you will skip-the-line of the ticket office (not the direct entrance to the palace)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.