Caracol Maya Site & Pools with Local Tour guide & Belizean Lunch
you will enjoy a stunning scenery of the flora and fauna that enhance the true beauty of this magnificent Maya City. Here, you will be given a life time experience as you trail along paths that was once threaded by nobles and peasants that lived in this mystic world. Also tour guide share their local knowledge which has been given by the ancestors. enjoy a delicious Belizean lunch and then refresh on Rio On Pools
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
Leaving San Ignacio at 7:30 AM with a 2 hours drive to Caracol, we will take you through the Maya villages of Cristo Rey and San Antonio, to one of the largest metropolis in the Maya lowlands of ancient times, the splendorous Caracol.At Caracol we will take you along a forest trail, giving you the experience of a life time as we recount the history of nobles and peasants living a mystic world. .Here they built magnificent structure, developed agriculture practices and a network of roads, which would come to support over a 100,000 inhabitants. Situated on the Vaca Plateau at an elevation of 500 meters, Caracol was first settled in 600 B.C. Rose to an impressive metropolis by 675 A.D. and once defeated Tikal. Climbing the mighty Canna towering 43 meters, one the largest man-made structure in Belize. From here admire the great view of the tropical forest and the space that shaped and was shaped by the Maya civilization.
After lunch we will drive back, stopping at the refreshing waters of the Rio On Pools or Big Rock falls which is like 100 ft high in the Mountain Pine Ridge where you can swim and relax Before driving back to San Ignacio.
Departure Point :6 Far W St, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
free Hotel Pick up with in San Ignacio Town Limits and additional fee for hotels out of San Ignacio Town
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.