Caravaggio Guided Tour in Rome - Art, Life & Masterpieces of the Great
Discover the magnificent masterpieces of Caravaggio on this 2.5-hour walking tour. Together with your professional art historian guide, you'll learn of his life, his works and other talented painters of the Roman Baroque period.
Begin the tour in the Santa Maria del Popolo Church where you’ll see 2 of Caravaggio’s paintings. Throughout the tour you’ll see a large selection of pieces, known as ‘in situ’ masterpieces, as they remain in the location they were originally designed.
As you walk around the Tridente neighborhood where the artist resided in the15th century, you’ll see where he found inspiration for his paintings, before heading to The Church of Saint Louis. Here you can admire the beautiful Saint Matthew series altarpiece in the National Church of France.
Take a brief look inside Sant’Agostino to admire a gem not often visited.
We can customize your tour, so you can see his works in the Borghese Gallery, the Barberini Palace, the Capitoline Museums and the Vatican too.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa di Santa Maria del Popolo
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Louis of the French
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di Sant'Agostino in Campo Marzio
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chiesa di Santa Maria del Popolo, Piazza del Popolo 12 Campo Marzio, 00187 Rome Italy
Once the first church on the entry to the city, and now famous for it’s art collection. See Caravaggio’s baroque canvases as well as pieces by Raphael, Bernini and more.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piazza del Popolo, 00187 Rome Italy
See the neoclassical design of the urban square and admire the Egyptian obelisk that stands tall in the center.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Church of St. Louis of the French, Piazza San Luigi de' Francesi, 00186 Rome Italy
Visit the national church of France in Rome, located close to Piazza Navona and see Caravaggio’s work on the altarpiece.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di Sant'Agostino in Campo Marzio, Via della Scrofa 80 Piazza di S. Agostino, 00186 Rome Italy
See the famous Madonna of Loretto painting in the Cavalletti Chapel of the Church of Sant’Agostino near Piazza Navona.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Basilica Parrocchiale Santa Maria del Popolo, Piazza del Popolo, 12, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Chiesa di Sant’Agostino, Via della Scrofa, 80, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.