Cardiff's Civic Centre: An audio tour of the city's most historical buildings
This self guided audio tour is your chance to explore what is widely regarded as one of the finest collections of public buildings in the whole of Britain, strikingly presented with domes, towers, columns, and statues, and elegantly laid out amidst peaceful ornamental gardens and tree lined avenues.
This tour is an escape from the hustle and bustle of Cardiff City Centre to the peace and tranquility of this parkland oasis, and a journey back in time to hear and see the story of a momentous period in Cardiff’s history. The parkland, its statues, and its buildings send powerful messages of a new city eager to stamp its place in the world, while rediscovering Welsh national identity and pride for the first time in generations.
per adult from
40 to 65 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gorsedd Gardens Road, Gorsedd Gardens Rd, Cardiff CF10, UK
The tour starts in front of Cardiff City Hall.
Pass By: National Museum Cardiff, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3NP Wales
The tour passes by the National Museum.
Pass By: University, Cardiff CF10 3LU, UK
The tour passes by Cardiff University.
Pass By: Alexandra Gardens, Museum Avenue Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3AX Wales
The tour passes through Alexandra Gardens.
Pass By: Falkland Islands War Memorial, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3WA, UK
The tour passes by the Memorial.
Pass By: University of Wales, King Edward VII Ave, Cardiff CF10 3NS, UK
The tour passes by the University of Wales Registry.
Pass By: School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University, Glamorgan Building, King Edward VII Ave, Cardiff CF10 3NN, UK
The tour passes by the Glamorgan Building.
Pass By: Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff University, Bute Building, King Edward VII Ave, Cardiff CF10 3NB, UK
The tour passes by the Welsh School of Architecture building.
Pass By: Temple of Peace, King Edward VII Ave, Cardiff CF10 3AP, UK
The tour passes by the Temple of Peace.
Pass By: The Bute Building, King Edward VII Ave, Cardiff CF10 3NB, UK
The tour passes by the Bute Building.
Pass By: Queen Anne Square, Cardiff CF10, UK
The tour passes by the Queen Anne Square.
Pass By: Aberdare Halls of Residence, Aberdare Hall, Corbett Rd, Cardiff CF10 3UP, UK
The tour passes by Aberdare Hall.
Pass By: Cardiff University School of Music, University, Corbett Rd, Cardiff CF10 3EB, UK
The tour passes by the School of Music.
Departure Point :Gorsedd Gardens Road, Gorsedd Gardens Rd, Cardiff CF10, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/16/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Museum Avenue, Museum Ave, Cardiff CF10, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.