Carmel Market Tour
There are many markets in Tel Aviv, but there is no doubt that the most famous and intriguing is the Carmel Market.
The Carmel market tour exposes you to the taste of the ages of Tel-Aviv in the youthful atmosphere of the city’s central market. The old market, that was founded over 80 years ago, was influenced by the surrounding neighborhoods of ‘Nahalat Binyamin’ and the surrounding Yemenite vineyards. These all influenced the vast array of culinary traditions that make up the Carmel Market.
The tour of the market connects you between the tastes and smells of Tel Aviv of the past and the young and vibrant atmosphere of the city’s central market. The Yemenite, Persian, and Polish cultural mix forms a rich and fascinating culinary variety.
per adult from
2 to 3 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Carmel Market (Shuk Ha'Carmel), Allenby, King George and Sheinkin streets, Tel Aviv Israel
We will learn about the development of Israeli cuisine’s development throughout the country’s history and how the vendors are able to maintain their stalls after almost 100 years. We will hear stories from merchants whose families were the first in the market to new shops revitalizing the hip neighborhood.
The tastings include some of the country’s freshest hummus, street food, fresh produce, baked treats and authentic Yemenite cuisine.
Pass By: Kerem HaTeimanim, Tel Aviv Israel
The ‘Kerem Hatemanim’ neighborhood was founded in 1904 by Yemenite immigrants, and it borders Allenby Street and the Carmel Market. We will discover the restaurants, pubs, and small courtyards within the alleyways of the neighborhood.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.