Carmel Small-Group Food and Wine Walking Tour
Discover the charming coastal town of Carmel and savor a series of tantalizing food and wine tastings on this 3-hour guided walking tour. Your passionate guide will share stories about the history, culture and architecture of Carmel as you stop at restaurants, stylish watering holes and food shops to meet business owners and sample different food items. You may visit places like a classic European Restaurant, a local tavern serving the area's best fish & chips, purveyors of the best street tacos on the Monterey Peninsula (and why they specialize in Mezcal), and a local producer of confections made from century-old recipes. In general, the tastings add up to an average lunch.. Ideal for both tourists and Carmel residents, this tour is a leisurely and tasty way to learn more about this quaint town.
This small-group tour is limited to 16 people, ensuring more personal attention from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3-hour food and wine tasting tour
- All food samplings (enough for lunch)
- All beverages
- Professional foodie guide
What's excluded :
- Meet at the Sunset Cultural Center in Carmel to begin your 3-hour walking tour of this lovely coastal town, an artist’s colony that is a foodie’s delight. With your small group, learn about Carmel’s history and architecture as you follow your knowledgeable guide through hidden passageways and tiny plazas even many locals don’t know about. Covering just over a mile and interspersed with frequent tasting breaks, this well-paced tour is suitable for adults of all fitness levels.
Visit local eateries and food shops to meet the owners and enjoy some gourmet tastings. Places you may visit include restaurants that range from fine dining through a local tavern. Specialty shops make for interesting educational opportunities as well as unique taste treats.
Your Carmel food tour ends in the early afternoon, leaving you plenty of time to revisit the restaurants and shops later to experience more culinary delights, and return to your favorites for lunch or dinner throughout the rest of your stay.
Departure Point :San Carlos / 9th, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :San Carlos / 9th, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; we are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice
- Minimum age is 21 years for alcohol consumption.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers age 4 and up; tour is geared towards adults but well behaved children are welcome
- No children under the age of 4 allowed
- ** We can accommodate vegetarian, pescatarian, gluten- and lactose-free diets with advance notice ONLY. Please inform us of any food allergies at time of booking. We are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice, so please note any special restrictions on your reservation.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.