Carnival Backstage Tour - Visit a traditional Samba School
We will visit the City of Samba, a large complex of barracks that are destined for the Samba Schools of the Special Group of Rio de Janeiro and where the giant floats and colorful costumes are built.
Next, we will enter the Scholars of the Grande Rio see the secrets that are revealed only during the Carnival parade: How is made the production of floats and costumes. You will understand the concepts and work involved during the design process.
In the colorful showroom, we will learn more about the emergence of samba, its customs, and the origin of samba school parades. Let's pick one of the many legitimate carnival costumes to wear and photograph. Then we will have a dance class where we will learn some samba steps.
To end the tour we will try a caipirinha, a typical Brazilian drink made of cachaça and lemon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- IN / OUT Transfers (According to the selected option)
- Entrance Ticket
- Bilingual Guide
- Entry/Admission - Cidade Do Samba
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cidade Do Samba, Rua Rivadavia Correia 60 Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-290 Brazil
Cidade do Samba
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Centro, Centro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Centro do Rio de Janeiro
Departure Point :Samba City, R. Rivadávia Corrêa, 60 - Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20220-290, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of the tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.