Cartagena Military and Civil War bike tour
Cartagena has been a strong military enclave throughout its history.
On this excursion we will visit the key military points of Cartagena and the remains of the Civil War such as the Refuge Museum and the Old Cathedral.
Our guide and bicycles will be waiting for you at the esplanade of the National Museum of Underwater Archeology - ARQUA.
We will start the excursion visiting the entrance to the city, then we will continue to go up to the conception castle and contemplate the strategic military points of the city, which we will later visit.
At the end we will have a soda and cover in a nice place.
per adult from
What's included :
- Soft drink and lid
- Entrance to Civil War Shelter
- Christmas Fort Ticket
- Use of bicycle
- Entry/Admission - Museo-Refugio De La Guerra Civil
- Entry/Admission - Fuerte de Navidad
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Heroes de Cavite, 30201 Cartagena, Municipality of Cartagena Spain
This will be the first stop and will be the starting point to get into the modern military history of Cartagena.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Castillo de la Concepcion, Calle Gisbert 10, 30202 Cartagena, Municipality of Cartagena Spain
After a short climb we will arrive at the esplanade of the Castillo de la Concepción where we can enjoy a panoramic view of the entire city and be able to contemplate the fortification of the city, the old town and all the surrounding military history.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Museo-Refugio De La Guerra Civil, Calle Gisbert 10, 30202 Cartagena, Municipality of Cartagena Spain
We will visit on foot the Museum of the Civil War Shelter where our official guide will explain all the details of the refuge. The city was severely punished by the bombing of being a Naval Base for much of the Republican fleet.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Museo naval, Calle Real, 3, 30201 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
We will briefly visit the Isaac Peral Submarine, the first military submarine in history.
Stop At: Plaza del Rey, 30201 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
The Military Arsenal of Cartagena is a shipyard and naval base of great importance in the Spanish Levante, built with the intention of developing the naval policy of Felipe V and his secretary, the Marquis de la Ensenada.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Fuerte de Navidad, Pasaje Faro Navidad, 2, 30394 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
We will visit on foot the fort that protected the entrance to the city next to the batteries of Santa Ana and Trincabotijas.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Paseo Alfonso XII, 33, 30202 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.