Cascia And Spoleto Full day Private Tour
The best way to know the Santa Rita Life travelling the Region of Umbria, to visit one of its most beautiful and visited places of worship and join in the spirituality of this mystical place. Umbria is the hometown of worldwide known saints; St. Francis the patron saint of Italy and founder of the Franciscan order, St. Clare founder of the order of St. Clare and equally famous St. Rita of Cascia. born in Roccaporena in 1381, she is one of the most popular saints of the Catholic Church. Her related symbols are roses and figs.
The Basilica was built in 1937 and consecrated in 1947. The Monastery where she lived for forty years was rebuilt in the 18th Century and houses the nuns of the Augustinian community. Free time for lunch (not included) in a typical restaurant; you may also take this time off for personal prayer.The trip continues to Spoleto, a gorgeous Middle Ages uphill town; Etruscan and Roman Age buildings such as a theatre and an amphitheatre are located in the upper village.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free transfer offered by the agency in air conditioning Minivan
- Pick up and drop-off at hotel (inside the city center)
- Pick up only in the city center inside the Aurelian Walls.
- Tour escort for the whole trip.
- Emergency number also operational via whatsapp
- Entry/Admission - Roccaporena, Santuario di S. Rita
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Scoglio della Preghiera
- Entry/Admission - Monastero di Santa Rita da Cascia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roccaporena, Santuario di S. Rita, Frazione di Roccaporena, 06043 Roccaporena, Cascia Italy
First stop will be Roccaporena
The 1381 Saint Rita of Cascia was born here. The scoglio di Santa Rita ("Rock of St. Rita") is traditionally believed to be the place where she prayed. Roccaporena is also site of the saint's house, dating to the 14th century, with the adjoining Orto del Miracolo ("Miracle Orchard"), and the 13th-century church of San Montano, where St. Rita married
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Scoglio della Preghiera, Roccaporena, 06043, Cascia Italy
In front of the Scoglio Sacro, high on Roccaporena, opens into the cliff the Grotta d’Oro, a semicircular cave , the Golden Grotto , recalled the legend of the nymph Porrina, who from that cave opening his mouth to the vati proclaimed: «From these rocky cliffs will light a divine light. A precious stone will come to light, the Margherita, which will shine and be the largest and will surpass the lands and the seas.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Monastero di Santa Rita da Cascia, Viale Santa Rita 13, 06043, Cascia Italy
After the visit at Roccaporena we will continue to Cascia.
Visit the Basilica and Monastery of St. Rita of Cascia , St. Rita was one of the most popular saints of the Catholic Church, with her related symbols being roses and figs. The Basilica was built in 1937 and consecrated in 1947, and the monastery where she lived for forty years was rebuilt in the 18th Century and houses the nuns of the Augustinian community.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Duomo di Spoleto, Piazza del Duomo, 06049, Spoleto Italy
When we finish to visit the monastero of Santa Rita our driver will wait for us to continue to Spoleto.
once there we will visti the Duomo of Spoleto.
The church is essentially an example of Romanesque architecture, with a nave and two side-aisles crossed by a transept, although subsequently modified. A notable external porch and the belfry were added in the fifteenth and sixteenth century respectively.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Spoleto, Spoleto, Province of Perugia, Umbria
After the Duomo visit , your guide will give free time for lunch.
Take your time for tasting local products and relax time enjoying the
medieval city remained well preserved until today. admire the intact Roman gates ruins around the city . Porta San Pietro or Porta Monterone, at the end of the street of the same name. Still well preserved, it has a double arch and is adorned with four high-reliefs, coats of arms of the city.
At the your driver will be waiting for you to return to Rome
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free Pick up from Hotels, Apartments, Bed&breakfast, accommodations. only in the city center (inside the Aurelian Walls). The address must to be provided on the reservation. If you do not find yourhotel in the list you must necessarily write it: without it, the service is not guaranteed
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Provide the Correct address of your accommodation , hotel, B&B
- PICK UP only in the city center inside the Aurelian Walls
- check that you provide all the details to the agency
- Without this information we can not guarantee the correct service
- One day before 24 H. Call to confirm the pick up
- Coronavirus information: Below a brief list of the measures will be taken to ensure the safety of customers during the tours and on board our vehicles: - gloves and surgery masks; - disinfectant gel - Sanitization of vehicles at the end of each tour - staff, assistants, guides, drivers wearing masks and gloves - preventive information to the customer once on board the vehicles - the capacity of minivans and groups will be regulated according to the law and regulations of the virus corona in customer protection
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Coronavirus information: Below a brief list of the measures will be taken to ensure the safety of customers during the tours and on board our vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.