Castel Sant' Angelo: Angels and Demons Experience
Meet your guide on Ponte Sant’ Angelo, formerly known as the “Aelian Bridge” or “Pons Aelius.” Built in 134 AD by Emperor Hadrian, the bridge spans the River Tiber from the city center to his mausoleum in the Castel Sant'Angelo.
Admire sculptures of angels by Bernini, Raggi and Morelli, before skipping the ticket lines to see Hadrian’s tomb. Feast your eyes on the frescoes, Papal apartments, and magnificent corridors of the castle. Experience the fear of former prisoners as you learn about the castle’s time as a prison.
Follow in the footsteps of former popes as you walk the Passetto di Borgo, and learn how they would escape death threats from their opponents. Your guide will explain the dark connections between the castle and Vatican State.
The tour finishes on with unbeatable panoramic views from the top of the castle that look untoward the Colosseum, Vatican, Pantheon and more!
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Ponte Sant'Angelo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ponte Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
Discover Bernini's masterpiece the bridge of angels. The angels line the bridge and each holds an item that was essential to the Crucifixion of Christ. Out of Romes 900 bridges... this one is the most famous and beautiful.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Passetto di Borgo, 00193 Rome Italy
View the secret tunnel that the Popes used to escape the Vatican Museums in times of war. You can't go far though... there is a swiss guard blocking the entrance to the Vatican City!
Stop At: Castel Sant'Angelo, Castel Sant'Angelo, Province of Rieti, Lazio
Known as Hadrian's Tomb, the Castel Sant'Angelo is a fortress located on the right bank of the Tiber, a short distance from the Vatican City.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza di Ponte S. Angelo, 68, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.