Castel Sant'Angelo and Baroque walking tour
Embarking on this tour you will have the opportunity to discover the Roman monuments, ancient landmarks and architectural masterpieces of various Italian artists.
Thanks to your expert guide, you're going to enjoy all of these sites with photo stops and historical explanations regarding each monument visited:
Sant'Angelo Castle, Sant'Angelo Bridge, Navona Square, the Italian Senate, The Pantheon.
We can stop for photos, coffee and gelato.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour (just for your party)
- Professional Art Historian Guide
- Entrance fee to Castel Sant'Angelo
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Tips (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
We'll visit the Ancient Mausoleum of Hadrian, transformed centuries later into a fortress by the Popes. We'll walk through the beautifully painted rooms up to the terrace, from which we'll enjoy a jaw dropping view of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ponte Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
From the bridge facing the castle, we'll admire Saint Peter's facade. We'll learn about the river Tiber and we'll see the refined angels decorating the bridge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Via dei Coronari, Rome Italy
We'll walk through this typical street of Rome, flanked by all kinds of shop: fancy cafeterias, made in Italy leather shops and antiquities stores.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
We'll learn about the evolution of the square, from being a ancient stadium up to one of the iconic symbols of the Baroque style.
We'll see the fountain of the Four Rivers by Gianlorenzo Bernini and we'll learn the stories about the Pamphilij family.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
A masterpiece by Gianlorenzo Bernini
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
Listening to your expert guide, you'll discover the best preserved temple of the Ancient World.
We'll go into the Pantheon to see its majestic dome, the tombs of the Italian Kings and Raphael's burial.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual, wear comfortable shoes
- Dress code: you are not allowed inside churches wearing shorts, mini-skirts, or with bare shoulders (women, men and kids).
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.