Castles & Lochs of the Western Highlands
Ideal if you wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland's most famous Castles.Upon leaving Edinburgh, you will be taken north-west past several historic sites, castles and battlefields in Stirlingshire to Doune Castle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop off
- Audio guide at Doune Castle
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
This beautiful 14th century castle will be well recognised due to its status in the film and TV industry. Doune Castle* was used in the filming of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was also used to represent part of Winterfell in season 1 of Game of Thrones and is the fictional Castle Leoch in Outlander. Monty Python’s very own Terry Jones narrates the audio guide, which we recommend to our passengers to highlight some of the subtleties and secrets of the castle.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Kilchurn Castle, Lochawe, Dalmally PA33 1AF Scotland
On departure from Doune Castle, our driver will aim to stop at convenient services for comfort and refreshment. The journey continues past plenty of dramatic scenery with an abundance of ‘Lochs, Glens and Bens’. The coach will stop for a photo opportunity at Kilchurn Castle on the banks of the beautiful Loch Awe; this is one of the most photographed Castles in Scotland, often used in calendars and postcards.
Stop At: Inveraray, Inveraray, Argyll and Bute, Scotland
The next stop is the highland town of Inverary. Your driver will give you a quick driven tour of the town so that you may get your bearings. Once off the coach, the opportunity is there to explore Inverary Castle* (featured on the 2014 Downton Abbey Christmas special), the old Jail* or merely relax in the town with some lunch and a drop of whisky (own expense)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Luss, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
Luss is a small and classical highland village on the ‘bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond’. This body of water is well known through Scottish song, poetry and folklore. You will then pass Stirling Castle and be returned to Edinburgh for city centre drop-offs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.