Catacombs of Paris Semi-Private VIP Restricted Access Tour
This VIP semi-private tour allows you to skip the long lines and unlock gates to hidden rooms in the Paris Catacombs. Join a small group of 7 people or fewer and an expert local guide, and discover the mysterious secrets buried under the streets of Paris.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided visit of the Catacombs
- Special access to parts of the Catacombs closed to the public
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- VIP small groups of 7 people or fewer
- Entry/Admission - The Paris Catacombs
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Paris Catacombs, 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris France
Explore the hidden world beneath the streets of Paris, on this VIP small group tour of the Catacombs. Follow your guide more than 20 meters below street level, into the shadowy and fascinating world known as ‘The Empire of Death’ - invisible to the locals and visitors strolling the famous boulevards above.
Fans of the film As Above so Below will recognize these never-ending, gloomy galleries. The Catacombs extend for more than 200 miles beneath the city, and are home to the bones of over 6 million former Parisians. Their remains were moved here more than 200 years ago, as city center cemeteries overflowed, the open graves and unearthed corpses spreading disease (and some horror stories!) throughout the surrounding neighborhoods. With your small group of no more than 7 people, wander through endless tunnels stacked with neat rows of millions of bones, accompanied by your expert guide, who will also unlock gates closed to the general public and lead you into obscure rooms full of surprises. Legend has it that the Man in the Iron Mask is buried here, along with those guillotined during the French Revolution, and even some of their executioners.
This small group tour will allow you to get the most out of this exceptional visit, allowing you to bypass the crowds and spend more time enjoying this unique and fragile site. Learn the intriguing tales of those who worked, visited and have been laid to rest here over the centuries, including some who ventured in and never came out again. Hear stories of secret societies that still visit today. Past and present Paris and its inhabitants come to life as you explore the city’s gloomy entrails concealed below the surface.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris, France
Departure Time :5:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are 130 steps to enter the Paris Catacombs and 112 steps to exit.
- This tour is not accessible to wheelchair users or those with limited mobility.
- The Catacombs are 20 meters/65 feet (and more) underground and the tunnels are narrow in places. This tour is not suitable for those with cardiac or respiratory problems, or suffering from claustrophobia.
- The tunnels can be slippery and remain at a temperature of around 14°C/57°F, even in summer. Guests are advised to wear sturdy shoes and bring warm clothing.
- Only 200 visitors are allowed in the tunnels at any one time. If numbers reach a maximum the Catacombs staff reserve the right to hold the entry lines until there is sufficient space. Any delay should not be higher than 5 minutes for our small group
- Tickets for the Catacombs are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. They must be used with the group at the booked time and their availability is limited. Entry times are also prebooked and are strictly adhered too, we must enter on time. For this reason we are unable to issue refunds to latecomers or no shows for missed tours.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are compliant with international, government and local protocols and have received the stamps of approval: ‘Safe Travels’ Global Tour Operator protocol, ‘Caring Attitude’ Paris Tourism Commitment Charter. Our guides are informed of all measures that should be implemented during our visits.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.