Catacombs Underground Exclusive Guided Tour, Ticket and Transfer
Enjoy an in-depth experience in one of the most exciting and visited places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Ancient Appian Way. Immersed in the green Roman countryside, you'll descend into a complex network of underground tunnels, among the longest in the world, spread over an area of about 15 hectares, for about 60 km of tunnels on several levels. The catacombs that we'll visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano, or Santa Domitilla) will change depending on the day. Wherever we start, you'll have the chance to see ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs, and small chapels, that even after about 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites. Here you'll find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
After the tour, back in the sunlight, your driver will take you back to the starting point.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Assistance on site and from our office
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Small group tour (max 20 pax) inside the Catacombs (about 40 minutes)
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Guide service during the transportation
- Private Tour into The Catacombs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rome, Rome, Lazio
Starting, with a small group, from our travel agency, near the Colosseum, you will be comfortably transported on an air-conditioned vehicle, in one of the most interesting and visited places in Rome, the "catacombs" on the Via Appia Antica. Definitely an exclusive tour, accompanied by an expert guide, for those who want to appreciate the true story and the mystery, an experience guaranteed to excite young and old.
With this tour, we will guide you through time to discover a subterranean and parallel world in which for centuries Jews and Christians have looked after and venerated their dead.
Stop At: Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica, Piazza delle Finanze 1, 00185 Rome Italy
Pass along the majestic Aurelian Walls and come to the archaeological area of the Via Appia Antica, immersed in the green Roman countryside, you will descend into the ancient world of the Catacombs, a complex network of underground tunnels among the longest in the world, which occupies an area of about fifteen hectares, consisting of about 60 kilometers of tunnels on several levels. The catacombs that we will visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano or Santa Domitilla), for your tour will change depending on the day, but from where we go, you will have the opportunity to see ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with still remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs and small chapels that still today, after about 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites.
Here you will find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
After the tour, back in the sunlight, your driver will take you back to the original starting point in Via Della Polveriera.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must exchange your voucher at the meeting point to join the tour
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts
- Please bring your passport or ID card
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Transpostation will be lead by a professional dirver (not a guide)
- small group tour (max 25 people)
- The catacomb temperature is about 60°F and the moisture content is high; please dress appropriately
- No one can visit the catacombs on their own, nor stray from their group along the route, nor cross the gates that delimit the paths open to the public
- It is forbidden to touch the exhibits along the visit path
- It is forbidden to remove any object and/or material
- No photos allowed
- Food and drink are not allowed
- Pets are not allowed
- There is no refund on reservation fees and tickets of monuments that are closed due to event that is out of our control.
- If this is not possible, we will operate the tour and will include other sites to compensate for the site/s being closed. No refund is given on unused tickets due to events that are out of our control. We try and do our best to avoid operating the tour when this occurs and if the information from the office responsible of the sites visited is given in a timely manner for us to rearrange and inform all clients.
- Not accessible for walker users
- Not recommended for people with motor difficulties
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers at the museums entrance
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.