Catalina Island Day Trip from Anaheim with Optional Upgrades
Spend a day in paradise on this day trip to Catalina Island off the coast of Los Angeles. After a smooth 1-hour ferry ride to the island, you will have free time to explore the island, or select one of the upgrade options which include a zipline tour, an undersea adventure, a scenic tour of Avalon or an ocean runner adventure!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip ferry transfers
- Scenic Tour of Avalon (if option selected)
- Undersea Adventure (if option selected)
- Ocean Runner Tour (if option selected)
- Zipline Adventure (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Catalina Express
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Entry/Admission - Catalina Island Undersea Expedition
- Entry/Admission - Green Pleasure Pier
- Entry/Admission - Zip Line Eco Tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catalina Express, 320 Golden Shore, Long Beach, CA 90802, USA
You’ll be picked up from your Anaheim area hotel in the morning for a shuttle drive to the Long Beach Landing Terminal, where you’ll hop on the ferry. Soak up vistas of the sprawling Southern California coast on your smooth 1-hour ride to the island.
Located 22 miles (35 km) off the coast, Catalina Island (formally Santa Catalina Island) is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the mainland, a picture-perfect destination full of charming beaches, palm trees and rolling hills. When you arrive in Avalon, the island’s largest city, if you have purchased an optional upgrade, you will make your way to that tour's departure point.
Avalon Scenic Tour - See the sights of Avalon on a 50-minute tour that takes you along the waterfront, up the hillsides and through the center of town. The quick, nonstop journey provides views and allows you to get oriented with Avalon and its attractions so you can better enjoy your time on Catalina Island. Learn about the island's history and heritage from a guide as you travel the 7.5-mile (12-km) loop.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catalina Island Undersea Expedition, Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon, CA 90704, USA
Undersea Expedition - Come face-to-face with Catalina's abundant marine life on this 45-minute underwater excursion. Cruise five feet below the surface in a spacious, climate-controlled cabin with a live guide highlighting points of interest. Every passenger has their own seat and port hole but you are also free to move about the cabin for a different viewpoint.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA
Ocean Runner Tour - Head back out onto the ocean from Avalon into the Catalina Channel on a sturdy Ribcraft boat for an adrenaline-fueled one-hour tour. Look for dolphins and sea lions in the Pacific Ocean and along the coast, then learn about Catalina Island's history and landmarks from your knowledgeable guide. Expect a fast, fun and informative ride that offers another perspective on the natural beauty of Catalina Island.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Descanso Beach Club, 1 St. Catherine Way, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704
Zipline tour begins here
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zip Line Eco Tour, 1 St Catherine Way, Avalon, CA 90704, USA
Zipline Adventure - Just a short 15-minute walk and you will meet your expert guide at the zipline launch spot. After a safety briefing, strap in and get ready for an exciting adventure! Beginning at the Hog's Back gate high in the hills near Avalon, you’ll travel on five consecutive ziplines at heights of 300 feet (91 meters) above the Descanso Canyon floor. Feel your adrenaline rush as you reach speeds of up to 45 mph (72 kph)! Your 2-hour zipline adventure ends at Descanso Beach
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Catalina Island Casino, 1 Casino Way, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704
View the iconic Casino before reminiscing on your fun, scenic experience on the relaxing ferry ride back to Long Beach, where you’ll be picked up and taken back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Anaheim, CA, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Zipline Requirements:
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Single passengers must be at least 10 years old and weight at least 80 lbs (36 kg)
- Children ages 5 to 9 must ride with a parent or guardian who is at least 18 years old
- Individual and combined weights on zipline cannot exceed 240 lbs (109 kg)
- Restrooms are not available while on Zipline tour
- Please note: passenger and weight restrictions are strictly enforced. Failure to meet these restrictions may result in cancellation without refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Vehicles are sanitized between services. Drivers wear a mask and have a plastic partition between the passenger and driver.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.