Catania Highlights, Street Food and Mt. Etna Private Day tour from Catania
Our tour is led by local guides who will offer you a personal experience. You will have a historical overview of the city, of the alleys and squares of the old town, while giving you the chance to sample only the best of its culinary delights! Old Central Market of Catania, Piazza Duomo, Via Etnea (the main street of the city), Piazza Stesicoro with the popular ancient Roman Theater and other. You will taste the popular street foods, the city is famous for: arancino, local cheese and olives, cannolo and ricotta cassatella and much more.
One of the many wonders of Sicily is certainly Mount Etna. With its almost 11000 feet height the Etna is the tallest active volcano in Europe. Mount Etna is without any doubt a "must see".
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private walking tour with professional guide
- Mix of typical Sicilian street food (arancino, cannolo, etc.)
- Transfer to Mt. Etna
- Free time on Mt. Etna
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of Saint Agatha
- Entry/Admission - Mercato Antico
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
What's excluded :
- Professional guide on Mount Etna
- Food or drinks choices made outside the scope of the organized tasting tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cathedral of Saint Agatha, Piazza Duomo, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
Catania is the second largest metropolitan city of Sicily. Over the centuries, it has faced earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, it has undergone alternating dominations and urban transformations. Here it is, with its vitality and its hardworking determination, ready to surprise and make you fall in love, submerging you in intense flavors, Baroque stuccoes of UNESCO Stroll through the streets you will see Palazzo Biscari, the most important palace in the city. It represents, in fact, the most beautiful example of Catanese baroque architecture. A splendid circuit of Sicilian Baroque masterpieces characterizes the scene in Piazza del Duomo, rebuilt in 1700 at the heart of Catania, the major meeting point for locals, tourists and the city's principle streets. In the center stands the appealing Elephant Fountain, created in 1736. Constructed of ancient remains, the elephant itself back to the Romans, and the Egyptian obelisk The Norman Cathedral, dedicated to the Patron Saint and protector of the city, St. Agatha, built on the remains of a Roman Spa. The Cathedral of Catania, in the tunnel of the walls of Charles There is a fish market, which is partly outside and partly covered. A place where every day is red and white awnings and on marble counters, the ritual of selling fish and also meat and fruit, takes place, repeated since ancient times. The cries of the vendors, the stalls steaming with roasted peppers and tripe sold to passers-by, make this place one of the most emblematic of the city. While having an historical overview of the city to have the chance to sample the best of the Sicilian culinary delights: arancina, cannolo and cassata.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mercato Antico, Piazza Mercato, 80, 95031 Adrano CT, Italy
When talking about street food's good quality, there are basically three aspects: popular tradition, worldwide availability and low cost.
Catania has been on a street food's map for centuries! In its baroque, among the picturesque streets, lives in ancient gastronomic traditions: Catania's street food is not only a source of pride, but a true moment of social integration. We classified street food into three different types of palate: soft, hard, intense.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Mount Etna is on Sicily's Eastern coast and is one of the fundamental stops for those wanting to discover this region. Its spectacular eruptions have created unique landscapes over the centuries. This extraordinary nature reserve, has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage in 2013 as a site of the "most active and emblematic volcanoes in the world". Its spectacular eruptions, the fiery lava flows, has always aroused the interest of scientists and curiosity of visitors from all over the world. With a volcanological guide, we will admire the active craters, through the forests and lush fruit orchards, up to higher altitudes with fascinating views of lunar landscapes , revealing the charm of this area.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 8:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- Or any allergies at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.