Catania Private Walking Tour with Option of Food and Wine Tasting
Private tour by comfortable car for two or more travellers to Catania, the city made of lava from the neighboring Etna volcano. With your private tour leader you will visit the most important sights, learn the amazing history, walk through the magnificent streets and parks of Catania, 'the black city,' as well as taste traditional street food of Catania, such as arancini (rice balls with ragout) and traditional pitone (pies with prosciutto, mozzarella, tomatoes) with a glass of Etna wine. Optionally, you may taste superb Sicilian wines accompanied by fresh, traditional food at one of the best wine restaurants of Catania.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Street food tasting with a glass of wine
- Private tour only for your party
- Private English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via Etnea, Catania, Sicily Italy
During this private tour you will visit Catania - "Black City" made of lava from the neighboring Mt. Etna Volcano. This tour is private - only for your party, nobody else, to ensure the highest standards for our clients, and includes pickup and drop-off at your accommodation or port in Catania.
With your friendly and informative private guide you will see the most important sights of Catania, learn its interesting and sometimes tragic history, walk its magnificent baroque streets, visit amazing parks, and taste traditional street food of Catania - arancini - delicious rice balls stuffed with meat ragout and peas.
You will start the private walking tour of Catania with a visit to a famous fish market of Catania (open till 1.30pm, except Sundays) - the biggest and the most colorful "pescheria" in Sicily and probably even in all Italy. You will see (and surely can also buy if you wish) many different types of fish and seafood, and feel this authentic atmosphere of Southern Italy folklore. Then you will walk to an ancient Norman monument - the Ursino Castle built in the 13th century as a royal castle of the Kingdom of Sicily. Then the tour will continue on the main street of Catania Via Etnea full of bars, restaurants and boutiques. You will visit Villa Bellini - wonderful municipal garden set up in the 19th century full of beautiful plants and trees, monuments and fountains. Here you will see amazing botanic clock made of flowers. Then we will drop in one of the oldest and most famous "rosticceria" bars where you will taste original Sicilian street food - arancini - delicious rice balls stuffed with meat ragout and peas.
Continue walking charming Via Etnea, you will arrive to the Duomo Square - the grandest square of Catania. Here you will see the symbol of Catania - the Elephant Fountain, and visit the jewel of Sicilian Barogue and UNESCO heritage - the Cathedral - the most important church in Catania with a statue of the saint patron of the city Sant'Agatha.
Following Via Etnea, you will arrive at Piazza Stesicoro and see remains of ancient Roman Amphitheatre.
After the private walking tour of Catania, you can optionally visit one of the best wine bars in the city, where the owner will welcome you with a cool glass of Sicilian white wine, and you will have delicious and hearty traditional Sicilian food and wine tasting. You will taste locally produced organic food - cheeses, salami, prosciutto, traditional Sicilian relish caponata, olives, mushrooms, extra-virgin olive oil and bruschettas with 3 glasses of Sicilian DOC red and white wines.
After the private walking tour of Catania, your guide will drop you off at your accommodation or port in Catania.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will pick you up at your accommodation, port or train station in Catania.Ports
- Catania port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Catania Private Tour 4/25/2016 - 10/29/2022
Catania+Food&Wine 4/25/2016 - 10/29/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- We have private tours, only for your party, however at the beginning of the excursion we will give each guest a mask, protective gloves and hand sanitizer
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We have private tours, only for your party, however at the beginning of the excursion we will give each guest a mask, protective gloves and hand sanitizer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.