Catch a sight of Kumari living goddess of Nepal and walk along local Asan Bazzar
This tour is specially designed to those who want to get a chance to see her and know facts about strange life of Living Goddess Kumari.
Start this day tour from strolling old bazaar of Ason, following sightseeing of Kathmandu Durbar square then visiting Kumari Temple. There are several legends and myth regarding the beginning of Goddess Kumari. Among the several legends popular one is of King Jayaprakash Malla playing tripasa, a dice game.
Kumaris are selected from Newar community. In order to be the rightful candidate, she must be in excellent health, never been afflicted by any diseases or have shed blood, should be without blemish and must not have lost any teeth yet.
Kumari has to undergo rigorous tests to prove that she really has the qualities to be living vessel of Goddess.
According to Hindu mythology, some unspecified form of divine power is supposed to reside in the Kumari goddess and she is looked under a special care of the appointed parents.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees
- Guide fee
- All pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
What's excluded :
- Any meals and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Indra Chowk, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
1:30 pm: Pickup at your Kathmandu hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle, head with your private guide to the Old Asan and Indra Chowk Bazaars.
Follow your guide on a walk along the narrow alleyways of Asan to Kathmandu Durbar square.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Enjoy the sightseeing of Kathmandu Durbar square. Learn about every facts of Living Goddess Kumari, stop at Kumari temple and wait for your chance of getting a short view of Goddess.
5:30 pm: Tour end after the hotel drop.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- There is no guarantee that you will get a chance to see the living goddess. However she appears two times a day, we will manage your timing in such a way that there will be high chances to see her with your own eyes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.