Cave Church and Garbage City Tour
Tourists who visit Cairo, especially for the first time, usually visit the classical highlights of the city like the Pyramids of Giza, the Egyptian Museum, and Saladin Citadel. Of course, these monuments are breathtaking and should never be missed by any traveler who visit Egypt. However, the land of the Nile has much much more to offer!
If you are looking for a unique experience while in Cairo, this tour is among the best we offer for those who prefer to explore hidden treasures. By visiting the Cave Church in Al Mokattam and the garbage city .
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Entrance to Cave Church
- Entry/Admission - Cave Church
- Entry/Admission - Manshiyat Naser
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cave Church, Mokattam, Cairo 11511 Egypt
There are hundreds of hidden treasures in Cairo that tourists never know about. Among these, there is the magnificent Cave Church in the Mokattam Mountain. In fact, this was never a church. It is the Monastery of St Simon or the Tanner Monastery.
It is actually a large Egyptian Coptic complex that include six churches; the largest among them is the Saint Simon that is considered the largest church in Egypt that would accommodate around 20,000 people.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Manshiyat Naser, Cairo Egypt
the Garbage City, one of the distinctive places to explore of Cairo for those who are interested in heritage and anthropology. This is where garbage collectors lived for more than 50 years preserving all their habits and all the aspects of their community.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.