Cave Tubing and Swim in the Inland Blue Hole
DAY TOUR FROM PLACENCIA, HOPKINS OR DANGRIGA
This nature tour begins with a drive on the pristine and gorgeous Hummingbird Highway which has been rated as one of the most beautiful highways in the country. The first tour is cave tubing followed by a visit to the inland blue hole. On the cave tubing portion of the tour, your professional guide will educate you on the significance of caves to the ancient Maya world as you lazily float down on your inner tube. After this tour is completed, you will enjoy a delicious lunch. The second portion of the tour includes visiting the inland blue hole. You can take a refreshing swim in the sapphire blue waters of the Inland Blue Hole, a cenote in a lush and verdant jungle setting fed by an underground river.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Use of helmet
- head light
- life jacket
What's excluded :
Departs: 8:00 AM
RT travel time: 4 hours
We pick guests from an agreed location in Placencia, Hopkins or Dangriga. This is ideal for those looking for a short day spent in the jungle. It is an electrifying and rejuvenating adventure into the limestone carved Maya Mountains. Enjoy the beautiful scenery as you go through the winding Hummingbird Highway.
Cave tubing is done first and it starts with a 10-minute walk through nature as you get an informative talk on cave archaeology and the geology of the Maya Mountains. You will spend about two hours inside the cave system. Enter the exciting world of a river disappearing into the “underworld” as you float on inner tubes with only your headlamp to light your way.
Enjoy floating past side windows that filter sunlight through the mist and the jungle as you swirl around stalagmites and stalactites looming from above and below. This mystic cave adventure takes you away from other sites that are crowded with cruise ship passengers. After lunch, we enjoy a relaxing swim in the inland blue hole cenote, located in the same park.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We come to your specific hotel, Air BnB, Vacasa property, or location nearest to the Placencia road. Not to worry, we will send you a message to reconfirm the location.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Cool comfortable jungle attire for this subtropical climate.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.