Cave Tubing from San Ignacio
Gear up and hike across the Waist-deep Cave's Branch River up to your starting point and then set afloat on an inner tube. Your guide will float you though a series of spectacular Maya Caves with visible ancient artifacts and various fascinating natural formations. You'll then exit the river and strap onto your harness for an amazing soar through and above the Belizean Jungle canopies. The views from each course are captivating, especially the final run which sends you gliding over a very picturesque river below.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Pick ups begin as early as 7:00AM for hotels within San Ignacio Town.
Additional fees apply for hotels outside of Town.
The tour schedule flexible depending on cruise ship groups, traffic on roads, and your guide's attention to details, including off-the beaten path extras he may occasionally throw in (adding value to your tour).
Tour departs San Ignacio Town at 8:00AM.
You'll embark on our journey out of San Ignacio on a 1 hour & 15 minutes’ drive along the George Price Highway (paved road) until arriving at the junction of the Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing outpost. The site’s parking lot is another 10 minutes or so on paved road.
At the site:
Make use of the expansive restroom complex to change into your swimwear. Your guide then walks you over to the tube racks where you’ll pick a tube of your choice. You will be provided with life jackets, helmets, and headlamps.
Geared up, you will embark on a 45 minutes’ hike across the clear green Caves Branch River. A rope at the crossing keep you from straying. The water is waist-deep, normally. After the river crossing, you'll hike a jungle trail heading upstream. Your guide will point out interesting aspects of the local flora &fauna as you trek through – perfect time to take out your cameras (preferably water proof).
After a briefing on the proper safety techniques you'll set afloat through a series of caverns which periodically open up to the sunshine & jungle. Your guide will occasionally point out various Maya artifacts within the crevices of the caves. Depending on time availability, he may allow you to unboard your tube & walk up for a closer look into hidden chambers of the cave which are normally not explored by many other companies or cruise ship passengers due to time constraints.
Lunch is served buffet style on-site. After lunch, it's a short hike onto the zip line check-in station, (just long enough to get your stomach settled).
At the Zip Line Course:
At the check-in station, skilled on-site guides will brief you on safety procedures while fitting you with their own helmets, harnesses, and gloves. The first line is a teaser to get you hyped up. There are 6 rounds in total, each lasting about 12 seconds and covering 40 – 300 feet of cable with the highest at 150 ft. The last two lengths take you soaring over the caves branch river in an exhilarating and scenic glide. The entire course lasts about 30 to 45 minutes.
After our zipline adventure, you'll walk back to the parking lot where you'll board the vehicle and head back onto San Ignacio via the George Price Highway, arriving around 5:00 to 6:00PM.
Departure Point :Cayo Welcome Center, San Ignacio Town.
Return Detail :Cayo Welcome Center, San Ignacio Town.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.