Cavtat and Konavle: The Cradle of Sericulture Private Tour from Dubrovnik
Explore the ancient Roman settlement of Cavtat and the rolling Konavle valley on this full-day guided trip to the very southernmost and rugged parts of Croatia. After touring Cavtat, an old Roman port town older than Dubrovnik, head to Konavle – a stunning swath of landscape sprinkled with 32 charming villages. Learn about the area's long tradition of silk production and see how silk is still made the old-fashioned way and meet the silk makers.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Cavtat's past, present and future are very closely tied to Dubrovnik's and this historically rich area is a delight. Its Old Town is a warren of narrow streets and cobbled alleys and its serpentine waterfront promenade that frames a picturesque harbor is simply charming.
After visiting Cavtat, you will continue into the beautiful interior of the area known as the Konavle. Framed by the southern mountains of Herzegovina and Montenegro, its small population lives in some 32 picturesque villages scattered across this south-easterly tip of Croatia.
Your tour will continue in one of hidden village where we will have chance to get unique chance to see how story of Silk starts. Sericulture in Konavle is a centuries old craft, one of the most important aspects of tradition, beauty and cultural heritage of this region. Silk production in Konavle has successfully resisted the challenges of the global industrialism in the 18th and 19th centuries, and has revived nowadays as a family tradition in several households in this area.
We invite you to visit and take part in this ancient craft of producing the silk threads in the most traditional manner, from a cocoon to silk.
Konavle, the cradle of sericulture. Sericulture, identity and cultural heritage of Konavle: What makes Konavle so intriguing is how its folk traditions and way of life have remained so intact. And today we get a rare opportunity to experience its signature culinary dish in an authentic village konoba deep in the hillside - the finest lamb slowly roasted under a thick iron pan covered in hot coals. Yours to savor with a glass of delicious local wine!
Departure Point :Central Dubrovnik
Departure Time :Flexible
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.