Cemetery Walking Tour in New Orleans
Founded in 1789 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, St. Louis #1 is New Orleans’ oldest active City of the Dead. Ornate, crumbling, and entrancing, St. Louis #1 is eerily beautiful even in the daytime. This New Orleans cemetery is the final resting place of the notorious Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau as well as many other colorful New Orleanians. Venture inside the vault lined walls of this historic New Orleans cemetery with your Master Storyteller and visit the New Orleans Musicians’ Tomb and the future tomb of Nicholas Cage.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
St Louis #1 Cemetery is the oldest active New Orleans cemetery and the most haunted cemetery in Louisiana. In one city block, you’ll find over 700 tombs, and over 100,000 dead. Join us on this fun, daytime cemetery walking tour and enjoy the history behind the unique burial customs that make this possible.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Voodoo Lounge, 718 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Be ready to have fun and please wear comfortable shoes. You may bring your camera. No Videotaping please. All tours run rain or shine.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.