Go back in time and explore the mystical Mayan underwater world !
Come discover the mysteries of these incredible caverns : stalagmites, stalactites, underwater cathedrals and breathtaking light effects through crystal clear waters.
Sacred to the Mayan people, the world-famous cenotes are only along the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. These cenotes offer a completely different world and a unique experience open to OWD divers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- 2 tanks, weights and belt
- Hotels pickup and drop-off
- Professional multilingual guide
- 2 dives in 2 different cenotes
What's excluded :
- Equipment (rental for 15 USD/day)
- Diving insurance (optional)
We have combined 2 cenotes that are ideal for the first dives on the Yucatan Peninsula:
- Chac Mool and Kukulkan
- Ponderosa and Tajma Ha
They are the best cenotes for the sunlight effect. In the morning, you will enjoy the breathtaking curtain of light and the wonderful jungle view underwater.
In these cenotes, you will find crystal-clear freshwater, a variety of light plays, big cave formations and fossils in the stones.
The cenote Ponderosa or Jardin del Eden (Garden of Eden) is a natural swimming pool of crystal-clear water. This cenote has a rich flora and fauna, you can find different types of fishes, turtles and freshwater eels among the large rocks covered in green moss.
Tajma Ha or Taj Majal cenote is a wide-open room underneath an air-filled bat cave. This cenote has a cavern filled with light streaming through holes in the ceiling. You will find many stalactites, limestone formations and huge chambers. This cenote resembles a huge palace with many rooms and corridors.
In these cenotes, you will encounter halocline and wonderful lights effects in several areas. The play of the light on sunny days is amazing.
• Diversland, Calle 11 sur Local 5 Plaza Palmeiras, Playa del Carmen 77710 Mexico
Departure Point :Plaza Palmeiras, Calle 11 Sur, Ejidal, 77712 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Riviera Maya
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Evidence of dive certification is required (Open Water Diver or analog)
- Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 15 years for cenotes diving
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.