Champadevi Pure Nature Day Hiking from Kathmandu
Champadevi (about 2200m) is a pure nature walk , located in the southwest of Kirtipur, an ancient city of Kathmandu. Join this day tour where you can hike without any disturbance of vehicles and pollution. As you go higher up the hill, see mountain peaks and a bird's eye view of the valley. Enjoy the cool air when you arrive at the top of Champadevi hill. Have your lunch, take pictures, and hike down to Kirtipur where your car will be waiting to take you back.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (inside Kathmandu Valley only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Take an early breakfast and your guide will you pick up by car from your hotel or the designated departure point. After being briefed on the day's activities, drive 30 minutes to your starting point, Lanagol. On your way, you will pass by Kirtipur, a historic and cultural city. You will start seeing views of the mountain and Kathmandu valley.
You'll then start to hike up to Champadevi Hill, which begins with a steep path up. Once you start getting higher, you will see an amazing bird's eye view of the valley. The Bagmati River, monkey temple, Patan durbar square, Bungamati and Khokana can be pointed from the route.
After about an hour, you will reach pass by a tiny Bosan village where you will see traditional houses of the Tamang people. The hike should be relatively easy for about 45 minutes until you pass through the forested trail. After an hour, you will arrive at Deurali where you can see Ganesh and the Lantang Himalayan Range. From Deurali, you'll hike 1.5 hours to reach the top of Champadevi where you will enjoy the cool air and your packed lunch and refreshments. Take pictures before hiking down to Kirtipur where your car will be waiting to take you back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Green Eco Resort
Departure Time :12/1/2018 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:45 AM - 05:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A moderate amount of walking and hiking up/down hills is involved
- Those who are joining the tour from outside Kathmandu Valley must come to the departure location
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.