Chand Baori Step Well Private Day Tour with Lunch
Abhaneri is known for its 'Baori' or step well which was invented by the natives to harvest rain water. The Baori was used as a cool place of retreat and as a water source/reservoir during parched times of the year. Chand Baori remains one of India's deepest and largest stepwells. The Baori consists of three flight of stairs descending into the earth with a subterranean palace on one side. The flight of stairs and the palace are all arranged in a square pattern with the well lying at the very bottom. The flight of steps are thirteen storeys deep. The palace at the bottom of the Baori was a place for the royals to stay during hot summers days. There is a large courtyard all around the Baori from where great views of the Baori can be had. All around the courtyard there are covered areas housing intricately carved sandstone artifacts/idols dating as far back as 10th century.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Hotel/Airport/Railway Station Pick-up & Drop
- Air conditioner Private Vehicle for Abhaneri Day Trip.
- Fuel, Parking Charges, Toll Taxes & Interstate Taxes.
- Professional Guide
- Water Bottle
- All Government Taxes (GST)
- Entry/Admission - Chand Baori (Step well)
What's excluded :
- Monument entrance fees
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chand Baori (Step well), Jaipur-Agra Road, Abhaneri 303313 India
Chand Baori is the oldest surviving step well in Rajasthan and probably India. It was built by the King named Chanda or Chandra of the Nikhumbha dynasty. The time of the stepwell is 8-9th CE making it 1200-1300 years old. Yes, it is older than Taj Mahal, Khajuraho Temples, and Chola Temples but younger than Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
It is named after the King who built it. The city was then called Abha Nagri.
Baori is a general name for step well – other names being – Bawdi, Vav, and Pushkarni. Anyway, let me show you the step-well as I saw it in the second decade of 21st CE.
In all, there are 35,000 steps on 13 levels at the step-well. The Baori gets narrow as it goes down
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be any where in Jaipur ( Hotel or Airport)Airports
- Sanganeer Airport, Jaipur India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.