Chandragiri Day Hiking from Machhegaun to Chandragiri Hills in Kathmandu
One of the most awesome views of not only the snowcapped peaks of the Himalayas but also the Kathmandu Valley is on top of the hill called Chandragiri. Recently the home of a new cable car, this lofty vantage point stands to impress everyone with its sublime views that are rivaled by none. The best place to see all of this is the Macchegau to Chandragiri Hike.
The top of Chandragiri is 2551 meters (8,366 ft) is part of the high hills that ring the Kathmandu Valley. A sacred place to Hindus and Buddhists alike, Chandragiri is truly an inspirational spot to visit.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hygenic packed lunch.
- Professional hiking guide
- One way cable car fee
What's excluded :
- Personal insurance.
We will pick up you from your hotel and drive to Machhegaun about 40 minutes from your hotel. This is our trekking start point from where we start to climb steep uphill about 2 hrs to Jiban Safal Hotel. You will see the amazing view of Kathmandu Valley, the Himalayan range and the deep forest of Pine, Rhododendrons, etc. From Jiban Safal we turn to the right and walk to Bhyanjyang then again climb to Chandragiri hill. It is about 5 hrs tuff uphill hiking recommended for experienced hikers. This is the best trip before you go to any trekking to the Himalayas in Nepal. On the top of Chandragiri hill, you will see the beautiful Temple of Bhaleshwor Mahadev, know the history of this hill, see the beautiful mountain range and Kathmandu Valley. It is tuff hiking but amazed you how beautiful nature hiking near Kathmandu. In the end, drop to the bottom station by cable car and back to the hotel by car. Our day trip of Kathmandu concludes here.
• Chandragiri Hills, Thankot, Kathmandu 44619 Nepal
• Thamel, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels inside ring road including Bouddhanath area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual / Hiking Shoes.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.