Chandragiri Hill One Day Tour Via Cable Car Ride
Situated in the southern west of Kathmandu Valley, Chandragiri Hill with Holy Valeshwor Temple is considered to be the ideal destination for a day’s escape from the city.
History of Chandragiri Hill
According to the history the hill started in 300 BC when last Shruthakevali Bhadrabahu and Chandragupta Maurya visited the place in order to attain religious peace. The small hill derives its name of Chandra from the fact that Chandragupta was the first of the rishis (the holy man) who lived and performed penance there.
Kalbappu was the early name of the hill and it dominates the history of the town of Shravanabelagola between 3rd century BC and 12th century AD. The Jain traditions link the Maurya Empire Emperor Chandragupta and his teacher Bhadrabahu with this place. 92 are located on the Small Hill out of the total number of 106 memorials found at Shravanabelagola, Of these, about 47 memorials of monks, 9 of nuns, and 5 of householders belong to the 7th and 8th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Transportation with english speaking driver
- Entry/Admission - Chandragiri Hills
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and your meals
- Cable Car Tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chandragiri Hills, Thankot, Kathmandu 44619 Nepal
Situated in the southern west of Kathmandu Valley, Chandragiri Hill with Holy Valeshwor Temple is considered to be the ideal destination for a day’s escape from the city. From the Chandragiri Hill, we can enjoy the beautiful Kathmandu Valley along with the spectacular views of Ganesh Himal, Mt. Manaslu and Langtang range that makes any one feel like seeing entire Nepal. Chandragiri Hill is seven KM away from Thankot. Cable car operation since August 2016 has made the shortest mode of transportation for the visitors willing to get to on its top. It's a perfect day tour out for the family, for the couples, friends for lifetime memories. This Cable car is closest cable-car attraction from Kathmandu.
Cable car riding,
Explore while Kathmandu valley,
Majextic views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Langtang range,
Visit valeshor mahadev Hindu temple.
Duration: 4 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pickups from every hotels in Kathmandu
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.