Changu Nagarkot Private Hiking Tour from Kathmandu
Changu Nagarkot Tour is an exhilarating one-day hiking adventure in the outskirts of Kathmandu. This fleeting excursion is an excellent holiday package with plenty of cultural and historical encounters along with natural beauty. The joy of walking through the cultural sites, remote settlements, and dense forest observing the majestic Himalayas just a few kilometers away from the busy streets of Kathmandu is simply unmatchable.Located 12 kilometers east of Kathmandu on a hilltop, Changu Narayan is considered as the oldest pagoda-style temple in Nepal and also enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage Sites.Similarly, Nagarkot is one of the most popular hill stations that lies 32 kilometers north of Kathmandu.This vantage point is best known for the startling sunrise and sunset view from the top.At the elevation of 2,160m, Nagarkot offers the broadest views of the rugged Himalayas and dramatic scenery in Kathmandu valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Accommodation on BB basis at Hotel Mystic Mountain
- Private air conditioned vehicle
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide.
- Medical kit
- All government as well as local taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees for Changu Narayan Temple and Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide and driver.
- Services except mentioned in included section
- Entry/Admission - Bhaktapur Durbar Square
Day 1: Drive to Changu Narayan and Hike to Nagarkot. (2,160m/7,087ft)
Stop At: Nagarkot, Nagarkot, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
After the early morning breakfast at the hotel, we start the tour with half an hour drive to Changu Narayan. Upon reaching Changu, we explore the oldest temple in Kathmandu. After the short exploration, we begin our hike to the beautiful hill station of Nagarkot. The trail gradually ascends through the terraced farms and remote villages. The trail is largely dominated by the natural terrains under the shades of deciduous forest. The rugged Himalayas and fascinating landscapes accompany us throughout the journey. After about 4 hours of hiking in the outskirts of the valley, we reach the ending point of the hike at Nagarkot. From here, a private vehicle will transfer us to our hotel in Nagarkot. Overnight at hotel in Nagarkot.
Duration: 1 day
Accommodation included: Hotel Mystic Mountain
Day 2: Drive back to Kathmandu with Bhaktapur Sightseeing. (1,300m/4,264ft)
Stop At: Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bhaktapur 00977-1-4701148 Nepal
We wake up early in the morning and walk to the vantage point of Nagarkot. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the golden sunrise over the towering pinnacles. After spending some time at the tower, we head back to the hotel and enjoy the breakfast. After breakfast, we drive to the Bhaktapur Durbar Square for the city tour. Bhaktapur is an ancient city that lies on the eastern part of the Kathmandu valley. As the city is also known as “Nepal’s Cultural Gem,” it is filled with adequate arts, architectures, culture, and history. The UNESCO World Heritage site includes ancient palaces, temples, monuments, sculptures, and pagodas. After the cultural sightseeing, we drive back to the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu city. The excursion ends after the drop-off at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Nepali Ghar Hotel, Amrit Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
KJ Adventures tour guide will pick you up from your hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum 2 pax required for booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.