Chapultepec Castle & National Museum of Anthropology
Beat the crush of crowds on this early morning tour of Chapultepec Castle and experience one of Mexico City’s most visited sites in relative solitude. Continue your visit to Chapultepec Park at the National Museum of Anthropology with an experienced guide. Gain historical and cultural insights as you gaze at state carriages, murals of epic battles, a sword wielded during the revolution, and the famous Aztec Stone of the Sun. This Viator Exclusive can't be booked anywhere else.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Meeting point transportation
- Ticket to Anthropology Museum
- Tickets to the Chapultepec Castle
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nacional de Antropologia
- Entry/Admission - Chapultepec Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Nacional de Antropologia, Av. Paseo de la Reforma s/n, Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, Miguel Hidalgo, Mexico City 11560 Mexico
Over the course of 2.5 hours, your guide takes you on an informative journey through the exhibits, showing you only the most impressive sites. Marvel at the Aztec Stone of the Sun, and the Olmec carved heads, uncovered deep in the jungles of Tabasco and Veracruz. Learn about the different cultural regions and indigenous groups that gave rise to this diverse capital city.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Chapultepec Castle, Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, Mexico City 11100 Mexico
At Chapultepec Park, the largest city park in the world and take a train up to the top of Chapultepec Hill and reach Chapultepec Castle (Castillo de Chapultepec). You'll be able to explore the 12 halls of the 18th-century castle and enjoy the rooms and exhibits.
During your 2-hour tour, learn about Chapultepec’s origins as a retreat for Aztec rulers before it was partially destroyed and rebuilt into the home of Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg. It then served as the residence for Mexico’s presidents before most of the castle was converted into the National History Museum. The exhibits trace the country’s history, from the pre-Columbian era through Spanish colonialism, to Mexico’s revolution and its independence.
Admire the state carriages of Benito Juárez and Emperor Maximilian, and learn the stories behind the sculptures and busts of historical figures. See the sword wielded by independence fighter José María Morelos and gaze at murals of battles painted by famous artists.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Museo Nacional de Antropología, Av. Paseo de la Reforma s/n, Polanco, Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, Miguel Hidalgo, 11560 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :9:50 AM
Return Detail :Chapultepec Castle, Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, Miguel Hidalgo, 11100 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (1.8 miles/3 km)
- Due to Covid19, it is not allowed to enter with food, drinks or backpacks. Only a handbag is allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.