Charleston Ghost & Graveyard Night-Time Guided Walking Tour
Experience the chills of Charleston's only on-site graveyard tour. You will get an exclusive opportunity to walk inside the gates of Charleston's oldest graveyard after dark. Walk through Charleston's haunted Historic District, and hear stories of ghosts, haunted houses, voodoo and Low-country superstitions.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Charleston Ghost & Graveyard Tour
- Entry/Admission - Circular Congregational Church
- Entry/Admission - The Powder Magazine
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Charleston Ghost & Graveyard Tour, 18 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401-2028
Meet your guide at a central meeting point, then proceed to the graveyard where you will hear about Charleston's spirits and gruesome tales such as:
• The ghost of Sue Howard, a grieving mother who prays at the grave of her dead child from the spirit world. Your guide has the picture to prove it.
• The Great Nullifier, famous rebel warrior John C. Calhoun. Find out why he and his wife still dance in the street every year, for over 150 years running.
• Tales of being buried alive. Doctors in old Charleston didn't take chances with contagious diseases. Fall unconscious in a hospital, wake up in a grave.Learn why the terms saved by the bell and graveyard shift were coined. You will be glad you weren't around when they were.
While other walking tours are looking in through the iron fence, you'll be on the inside. Learn the history of Charleston's haunted graveyards and hear tales about famous individuals who found their final resting place in the Holy City.
Don't forget your flash cameras. You never know what phantom images you can capture...
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bulldog Tours, 18 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401-2028
Tours offered through Bulldog Tours
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Circular Congregational Church, 150 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-2218
Enter the gates of the Circular Congregational Church graveyard exclusively with Bulldog Tours. Hear stories of infamous people laid to rest there.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
One of Charleston's most historic neighborhoods, the French Quarter is home to numerous Pre-Revolutionary buildings, churches, graveyards, and hidden alleways.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Philip's Church, 142 Church St, Charleston, SC 29401-2898
Charleston was settled in 1670 by the congregation of St. Philip's Church. Their graveyard is home to many of our most significant historical figures, including a signer of the Declaration of Independence. It is also home to one of the most intriguing ghost stories in Charleston!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Powder Magazine, 79 Cumberland St, Charleston, SC 29401-3112
Completed in 1713, it is the oldest surviving public building in the former Province of Carolina. It was used as a gunpowder store through the American Revolutionary War, and later saw other uses
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :18 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Mobile phone numbers are required at booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- By purchasing this tour, you are stating that you and your party are healthy and have not exhibited any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If that changes, you will notify Bulldog Tours immediately.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.