Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Travel by horse-drawn carriage along the picturesque streets of Charleston and take in the history of this South Carolina city. See highlights such as historically significant homes, churches and gardens while listening to informative commentary about the city’s role in our nation's history from your certified guide. Enjoy the relaxed pace of a carriage tour as you soak up the southern charm of Charleston. Please check in with Old South Carriage 15-minutes prior to tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Certified driver/guide
- 1-hour carriage tour
- Belgian or Percheron draft horse
- Entry/Admission - Old South Carriage Company
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old South Carriage Company, 14 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401-2028
Our stable is where your tour experience will begin and end. After checking in you can say hi to our draft horses, watch an educational video, purchases a bottle of water, or use our restroom. As you board your carriage via our inclined ramp / easy loading platform, your certified tour guide will greet you.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Charleston City Market, 188 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-3155
After leaving our stable, your carriage will stop at the City gate near the Market, where a route is assigned by the City of Charleston. Our industry is governed by this system in order to disperse the carriage traffic more evenly throughout the city. Your tour will cover about 30 blocks and 300+ years of history. Though specific landmarks vary by route, all tours pass by sights that give Charleston its unique charm – custom wrought iron gates, well-manicured gardens, historic mansions with picturesque piazzas, and the many church steeples of the “Holy City.”
Departure Point :14 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: you MUST check-in 15-minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled with out refund.
- Carriage can transport up to 16 passengers per departure.
- Children 3 years and under are free provided that they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. If you want your child to have a seat, you must purchase a child seat.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Groups limited to 10 guests
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.