Charlotte Beyond the Grave Haunted History Walking Ghost Tour
On this 90 minute historic, ghostly walking tour in uptown Charlotte you'll be guided by lantern light, listening to the stories and haunts of local history. Explore the sites where some of Uptown's departed inhabitants are said to still linger. See some of Charlotte's famous and sometimes infamous landmarks, and learn how the ghostly past has shaped the city of Charlotte today.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Charlotte was founded in 1768 and has witnessed the country's birth and growth. With that growth has come much turmoil and led to many ghostly encounters. There is much to learn about the area that was founded on an ancient Indian trading path and is home to landmarks both haunted and historic.
Meeting close to the heart of Uptown, you will begin your 1.5 hour tour and step further and further back into time throughout the stops. Strolling through Charlotte's Fourth Ward district, you'll visit some of the area's most notable and haunting sites.
Tours feature visits to various ghostly and historic spots, like the path to Charlotte, tunnels of grave fortune, theatrical ghosts and some of Uptown's magnificently spooky houses. You'll learn about significant people and battles, see where both the drinking of spirits and ghostly spirits intersect, and walk past ghoulish medical institutions. Visit haunting locations where people currently lay to rest, and haunting locations where people were permanently laid to rest. This tour is sure to educate and spook all who walk.
Departure Point :Carolina History & Haunts Charlotte Ghost Tour, Tours meet at 214, N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Old Settlers' Cemetery, 200 W Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.