Charms and delights of Fojo
No poetry, however, is capable of altering the harsh reality of those who walk in the opposite direction of a market increasingly focused on large markets and middlemen (name given to those who buy products at low cost at the most fragile end of this process and the resells at higher prices at its most powerful tip). Fojo, one of the regions of the city that supplies the Organic and Agroecological Fair of Guapimirim, is also an example of resistance and strength (mainly from women, the majority among farmers in the community).
You can get to know this very special corner of Guapi up close, spend a day with families, understand how organic and agroecological production works, answer questions, harvest products from the land, visit vegetable gardens, taste shaded organic coffee, food plants will not -conventional (PANC) and the best: chat and try a delicious lunch served by Dona Clemilda and Seu Anísio full of simplicity, affection and flavor!
per adult from
What's included :
- Rural Living
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Fojo is like a corner of silence. Here only sounds like hoe, birds and quiet prose are heard from a small community recognized inside and outside the city for its role in family farming. Simple people, who live by planting and harvesting. That takes care of the land not only to sow its livelihood or extract healthier products from it, but mainly because it sees itself as part of this ecosystem. Here, then, is one of the basic principles of agroecology: a chain that comprises the environment, the actions and their characters - organic production itself, the farmer, natural resources, culture, tradition and even the final consumer.
• Rural lunch - Rural lunch held with some local plant from the region and season
Departure Point :Estrada do Fojo, Estr. do Fojo - Parque Santo Antonio, Guapimirim - RJ, 25943-276, Brazil
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.