Chartres private tour
The village of Chartres is located in the Beauce valley, about one hour and a half drive from Paris, and is known for being the site of a magnificent cathedral that dates back to the 12th century. This religious building boasts three grandiose portals and over 170 beautiful stained glass windows, while its interiors are home to 4000 statues and an enigmatic labyrinth in the flooring that is believed to represent the winding path of men towards salvation. After visiting the cathedral you will have time to take a stroll around the village, where you will see the old Abbey of St Pierre, delightful medieval houses and some lovely craft shops.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees
- Expert Local Driver-Guide
- Private Tour
- Entry/Admission - Chartres Cathedral
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chartres Cathedral, 16 Cloitre Notre Dame, 28000, Chartres France
If you want to learn about the art of stained glass, Chartres cathedral is the place to start. Its glass has a surface area of nearly 2,600 square meters, a record for a single religious building. Chartres is the only cathedral in the world to have preserved this much original stained glass, from the romantic and Gothic periods, although it also boasts some beautiful more modern sections.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre, Paris, France
Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your Local Driver-Guide at your hotel or in an agreed address in the Paris city area
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.