Chateau Gaillard Royal Domain Admission Ticket
Lose yourself for a whole day in the royal Forgotten Paradise of Charles VIII. This ticket will give you access to 500 years of history !
Step back in time and discover the fabulous epic of French King Charles VIII, who brought back 22 Italian artisans in Amboise and founded the "First Renaissance" at Château Gaillard.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide (free guided tours in french)
- Entry/Admission - Chateau Gaillard
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Chateau Gaillard, 99 avenue Leonard de Vinci 29 Allée Du Pont Moulin, 37400, Amboise France
You will discover this palazotto, wanted by Charles VIII, which has passed through the centuries and known all the great characters of the French Renaissance: Louis XII, Anne de Bretagne, François Ier, Dom Pacello da Mercoliano, Catherine de Medici, the Cardinal de Guise, Mary Stuart, etc.
Rich Renaissance collections are shown in the castle and a full renovation by Master of Art artisans has been done in 5 years by 300 workers of the Loire Valley.
Discover unique art pieces of XVI century such as Rembrandt, Titien, 8000 handmade glass windows, Comedia dell Arte tapestry, Italian collections...
You will finally know the fabulous history of the acclimatization of the first orange trees of France in the royal orangery under the castle. In 1496, Charles VIII brought back in his luggage the greatest master gardener of Europe: Dom Pacello da Mercoliano (a Neapolitan monk).
In 1500, Château Gaillard became "Les Jardins du Roy" and Pacello inherited the estate against a bouquet of orange blossoms to offer to the king every year! Château Gaillard becomes a place of experience for this illustrious gardener. In a 15-hectare park, Pacello will create the beginnings of "French-style" gardens, he will develop a new variety of plums (greengage), etc.
Stroll through the 7 walking path of Paradise, explore the caves in the hill, smell the citrus in the greenhouses and finish your visit to the citrus bar. You can taste the honey of Heaven, the orange blossom jelly and most importantly, enjoy a homemade orange cake and a freshly pressed orange juice.
Departure Point :Chateau Gaillard, 99 avenue Leonard de Vinci 29 Allée Du Pont Moulin, 37400, Amboise France
Departure Time :10:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Pedestrian access only (29 allée du Pont Moulin, 37400 Amboise)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.