Cheese & Ham lovers' full day tour - Lake Como
During our full day CHEESE AND HAM LOVER’S TOUR you will enjoy exclusive visits to 2 award-winning cheese and ham producers of the area: MARCO D’OGGIONO and CAROZZI . A food lover’s dream!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private minibus transfer
- Visit to an ham production and tasting
- Visit to cheese production and tasting
- Lunch including a pasta/risotto dish, glass of wine, water and coffee
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (please contact us for a quotation)
- The costs of any souvenirs/ drinks / snacks / meals that are not explicitly listed in the programme.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: 23829 Varenna, Province of Lecco, Italy
You will start your journey in Varenna, from where you will be driven down along the eastern shore of Lake Como. You will admire the lakefront of Lecco, a city well known for its industrial excellence and for its inhabitants being passionate for the surrounding mountains.
You will then reach the production site of Marco d’Oggiono, a family-owned business, was founded in 1945 in Oggiono (Lecco) and continues today with passion and wisdom to produce cured hams making a mild and good Prosciutto Crudo. Here you will be welcome with a tasting of their top quality sliced meats.
A nice half-hour drive will bring you up the mountains to discover the Valsassina valley, a mountain valley running along the eastern branch of our lake. Lake Como excels in dairy products. The Valsassina Valley on the Eastern side of the lake is a territory recognized by the European Union as a protected area. Many of the largest Italian cheese companies were born there thanks to the pastures and to its caves which provide a constant level of humidity and temperature in all seasons, suitable for the natural seasoning of the cheese.
Carozzi Cheese Company is a boutique dairy and cheese producer. It has been operating in the historic butter factory site in Pasturo since 1960 and has developed an internationally award winning range of hand-made dairy and goat milk cheeses that have become Italian classics.
Here you shall be able to visit their local production site, dedicated mostly to conservation and cold storage. Thereafter, a tasting of their cheeses and a dish of risotto or pasta accompanied by a glass of wine will be waiting for you.
After some relax time, you will be driven back to Varenna along a scenic mountain road, at the end of which Lake Como will appear to your eyes with a breathtaking view from above.
Departure Point :Lake Como, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No pets allowed.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advisable. Please bring a light jacket/jumper with you as temperature in the cellars could be cold.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- The meeting and end point are well connected to public transport.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- The tour runs rain or shine.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.