Chelsea Architecture and Art Tour with Award Winning NYC Guide
Manhattan’s west side is New York City’s go-to place for new architecture and art, from the colossal Hudson Yards development to the celebrated Whitney Museum. See contemporary buildings by international ‘starchitects’, and consider Chelsea's ever-evolving history with a award winning guide who is also a critic and educator with 15 years experience of touring this area.
Your tour guide’s art tours have been featured in The New York Times, Conde Nast Traveler magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Tennis Channel, Conde Nast Traveler, The Mandarin Oriental, and Philadelphia Magazine and she will put together an itinerary that will take you to the most talked-about architecture and art exhibitions of the moment.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local tour guide
- All taxes and fees
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whitney Museum of American Art, 99 Gansevoort Street, New York City, NY 10014-1404
On this two-hour tour, we’ll walk through the Meatpacking and Chelsea neighborhoods, and we'll see contemporary buildings by international ‘starchitects’ Frank Gehry, Jean Nouvel, Zaha Hadid and more.
Stop At: The High Line, New York City, NY 10014
As we head north on and near the High Line, we’ll discuss the history of this elevated park and check out its public sculpture program. We’ll also consider Chelsea’s ever-evolving history and the handsome 19th century residences and buildings that add to the area’s charm.
Stop At: New York Art Tours, New York City, NY
Chelsea is also New York’s biggest art gallery district, and during the art season (Sept - June), our tour may include a visit to one or two of the most important art exhibitions of the moment in beautifully repurposed or new spaces.
Departure Point :Lower Manhattan, New York, NY 10014, USA
Departure Time :1:45 PM
Return Detail :10th Avenue, 10th Ave, New York, NY, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tours take place rain or shine and are almost entirely outside.
- Your tour guide is licensed by New York City's Department of Consumer Affairs as a tour guide and is a member of the International Association of Art Critics (AICA USA)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.