Chichagof Island Tour: Brown Bear Search
Embark on a small-group, 3-hour land based tour of Chichagof Island. The community of Hoonah, with a year round population of approximately 850, is located in the northern part of Chichagof Island. The vast majority of the island is pure, uninhabited, Alaskan wilderness teeming with wildlife! Chichagof Island has the highest population of bears per square mile of any place on Earth.
per adult from
What's included :
- Picks Up & Drops Off at Icy Strait Point
- All individual seating in van, no bench seating
- Small Group Tour - Max of 12
- Local Native guide
- Bottled water
- National Park fees $5.40
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (Never expected always appreciated)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Icy Strait Brewing, 286 Front Street, Hoonah, AK 99829
Drink Beer & Be Merry!
Departure Point :Hoonah Travel Adventures, LLC, 335 Harbor Dr, Hoonah, AK 99829, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR TOUR IS SCHEDULED TO DEPART, OUT OF COURTESY TO OTHERS WE LEAVE ON TIME.After exiting the ship, proceed ashore to the Icy Strait Point Adventure Center. If your ship is docked at the Adventure Dock this is a short walk(5 minutes).If your ship is docked at the Wilderness Dock this is a 25 minute walk, or you can pay to ride the Gondola(3 minute ride) to the Adventure Center.Once inside the Adventure Center walk through the building and exit through door number 2 (This is clearly marked). Follow the signs to the Excursion Hub,(another walk about 5 minutes) where you will meet your Hoonah Travel Adventures Representative.Ports
- Icy Strait Point, 108 Cannery Rd, Hoonah, AK 99829, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour Time is Departure time. Please meet 15 minutes prior at the Icy Strait Point Excursions Hub
- Each Child on tour must be accompanied by an adult
- No Smoking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide ship name
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children Under the age of 8 are not permitted on this tour
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.