Chichicastenango and Panajachel Day Trip from Antigua
Visit the towns of Panajachel and Chichicastenango on this day trip from Antigua. In Chichiscastenango, discover its main attraction, the local open-air market, where you can browse wood products, ceramics and more. You’ll also see the Iglesia de Santo Tomas (Church of Santo Tomas) and the Calvary Church, located in the main plaza. Then, head to the town of Panajachel, where you'll stroll with your guide along Santander Street, the town’s street, and admire spectacular views Lago de Atitlán (Atitlan Lake).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercado de Chichicastenango, Btw 7a & 8a Calle, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
After pickup from your Antigua hotel, your tour begins as you head northwest to Chichicastenango. You'll feel like you've stepped back in time as you walk through the town’s narrow cobblestone streets and past its red-tiled roofs. In the main town plaza, visit the famous Chichicastenango open-air market, filled with locally made products like ceramic pots, wood carvings and handmade goods, as well as fruits and vegetables. Browse the local wares and pick up a souvenir or two to take home!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Santo Tomas Church, Plaza Mayor, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
While you’re in the plaza, visit the Iglesia de Santo Tomas (Church of Santo Tomas), located on the east side of the plaza. Dating back to 1540, the church is often home to Mayan rituals.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Panajachel, Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
After exploring Chichicastenango for a few hours, continue your day trip to Panajachel, a small town located on the northeast shore of Lago de Atitlán (Lake Atitlan). Panajachel is a quaint, charming town where you'll stop for a delicious lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before heading over to visit the town’s main thoroughfare, Santander Street. Walk along the street with your guide and observe town life going on at the locally made handicraft stalls, other shops and restaurants.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Admire beautiful views of Lago de Atitlán from the shores of Panajachel before heading back to Antigua.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within 15 minutes of the established departure time in your confirmation.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.