Chichicastenango and Panajachel Day Trip from Guatemala City
Take a day trip from Guatemala City to the towns of Panajachel and Chichicastenango. In Chichiscastenango, discover the star attraction, the local open-air market, where you can browse handmade goods like wood products and ceramics. You’ll see the historical Iglesia de Santo Tomas (Church of Santo Tomas) and the Calvary Church, also located in Chichiscastenango’s central plaza. Next, you’ll visit the small, lakeside town of Panajachel, where you can follow your guide along Santander Street, the town’s main street, and enjoy fabulous views Lago de Atitlán (Atitlan Lake).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercado de Chichicastenango, Btw 7a & 8a Calle, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
Visit the towns of Chichicastenango and Panajachel on this full-day tour from Guatemala City. After pickup from your Guatemala City hotel, your tour begins as you head northwest to Chichicastenango. Feel as if you’ve gone back in time as you walk along the town’s narrow, cobblestone streets and past its red-tiled roofs. In the central plaza, discover Chichicastenango’s most prominent attraction, the open-air market, filled with local goods like ceramic pots, wood carvings and other handmade wares, as well as fruits and vegetables. Browse the locally made goods and pick up a souvenir or two to take home!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Santo Tomas Church, Plaza Mayor, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
While you’re in the plaza, visit the Iglesia de Santo Tomas (Church of Santo Tomas), located on the east side of the plaza. Dating back to 1540, the church is often home to Mayan rituals. On the west side of the plaza, visit Calvary Church, a smaller version of Iglesia Santo Tomas.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Panajachel, Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
After exploring Chichicastenango for a few hours, continue your day trip to Panajachel, a small town located on the northeast shore of Lago de Atitlán (Lake Atitlan). Panajachel is a quaint, charming town where you'll stop for a delicious lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before heading over to visit the town’s main thoroughfare, Santander Street. Walk along the street with your guide and observe town life going on at the locally made handicraft stalls, other shops and restaurants.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Atitlan, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
Admire beautiful views of Lago de Atitlán from the shores of Panajachel before heading back to Guatemala City.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within 15 minutes of the established departure time in your confirmation.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.