Chichicastenango Market Day Tour from Panajachel
This full day tour takes you to Guatemala’s most famous market.
This market is a traditional indigenous Quiche market, and includes a walk to the cemetery and Paschal Abaj, the Shaman Hill. You are likely to witness a sacred Fire Cleansing Ceremony conducted by a Mayan shaman. Learn about the Mayan story of creation, the Mayan ceremony, the base-20 counting system, and the 5,000 year-old Mayan calendar. Even visit the Mayor's office.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan or coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Panajachel hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pascual Abaj, Chichicastenango Guatemala
A small hill on the outskirts of Chichi. There are ceremonial areas at the top, and a mask museum at the entrance.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mercado de Chichicastenango, Btw 7a & 8a Calle, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
The market is in the center of town.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ferry, Panajachel, Guatemala
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.