Chichicastenango Market Tour
Visit to the most important handicrafts market in the western region where syncretism can be visualized on a large scale since the local people have preserved their Mayan beliefs which are mixed with Catholic practices, this place is multicolored since the Quiché people He still wears his regional costume, on our visit it is contemplated to enter the morerías, the market, the Santo Tomas church and the Turkaj hill where the Maya Pascual Abaj shrine is located, we will have time for lunch and shopping, at the end we begin the return to Guatemala city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Tour guide.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pascual Abaj, Chichicastenango Guatemala
Cerro Pascual Abaj is one of the most important places for the inhabitants of the Chichicastenango municipality, in Quiché. In fact, since at the top of the hill offerings are made to one of the Mayan gods, Pascual Abaj.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santo Tomas Church, Plaza Mayor, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
The Parish Church of Santo Tomás in Chichicastenango was founded in 1540 and there are several stories about its construction. One of them claims that the temple was built on a pre-Hispanic site.
In front of the Church of Santo Tomás is the Church of the Chapel of Calvary of the Lord Buried. In fact, it is stated that for the Mayan culture the first is the superworld and the second is the underworld, which is used to contact the ancestor spirits.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mercado de Chichicastenango, Btw 7a & 8a Calle, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
The Chichicastenango Market is known for its beautiful colors, the market days are usually Thursdays and Sundays where the variety of articles and merchandise of hundreds of colors increases. It is located in front of the central church in the town's main square, selling clay handicrafts, typical fabrics, fruits, vegetables, and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pickup starts at 07:00 am. The tour guide enters the hotel lobby to locate the passengers, the maximum waiting time is 5 minutes.Airports
- La Aurora Airport, Guatemala City Guatemala
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.