Chilean Cuisine Cooking Class with Traditional Market Tour
With the help of your local host experience Chilean food and flavors. Learn how to cook each dish and meet other travelers.
Its a great way to get to know Chile's culture, history and when you return home you will be able to recreate the meal for friends and family.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - includes a tour of the traditional markets, very complete lunch or dinner with pisco sours and fine wines. Cooking class
What's excluded :
- Meet the chef and help select the menu to be prepared. Tour Valparaiso´s traditional market and help the chef select the freshest products for ingredients. prepare and eat a complete traditional lunch or dinner. (entree, empanadas, pebre, main dish, dessert, pisco sours and very good local wines also included. Its tour, cooking class, lunch or dinner, drinks, an opportunity to learn about Chile´s food, culture and history. Its also a lot of fun and no cooking experience is necessary.
Vegetarian, vegan, celiac friendly and kosher options available.
• Mercado El Cardonal, Avenida Brasil c/ Uruguay El Almendral,, Valparaiso Chile
• Plaza Sotomayor, Valparaiso Chile
• Chilean ceviche - caught same day fresh and purchased at the traditional market prepare a ceviche using the Chilean recipe. Served with avocado guacamole or fresh bread
• charquican - charquican is a home cooking recipe very common but almost impossible to find in restaurants. Fresh, tasty,healthy, Vegetarian version too
• alfajores Chilena - the South American alfajores but baked and prepared in the Chilean way or leche asada with fruit.
• empanadas Chile style and pebre also included
Departure Point :Cafeteria - Melbourne Café Valparaiso, Sotomayor 33, Valparaíso, Chile
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.