Cholula y barroco experience (private tour)
This tours is a mix between the baroque style in the reallity in architecture and in the museum around of the world.
If you want to know more about this kind of art, this is the tour four you, mis of the old culture and the new style.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Map & Postal of Puebla city
- A present
- Entry/Admission - Great Pyramid of Cholula
- Entry/Admission - Museo Internacional del Barroco
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Pyramid of Cholula, Av. Morelos esq. 8 Norte, San Pedro Cholula 72760 Mexico
It is one of the most important archaeological sites in the country, the main pyramid has the largest base in the world with 400 meters per side, beating that of the Sun Pyramid at Teotihuacan and the Cheops in Egypt.
Its name is Tlachihualtepetl, meaning handmade hill and on it is the Shrine of Our Lady of the Remedies, which was built by the Spaniards in 1594.
Its dome is covered with talavera and inside you can see a neoclassical altar and the Virgin, whose devotion spread the belief that she appeared to the Spaniards on the sad night.
Archaeologists excavated in the building about 8 km of tunnels that allow observation of the different phases and can be visited today.
Among the riches of this site there are 2 pre-Hispanic murals, the mural of the drinkers and the mural of the grasshoppers.
The Great Pyramid is dedicated to the god Chiconquiahuitl (of rain) who was venerated by the Olmeca-Xicalanca culture until 1300 AC
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Templo San Francisco Acatepec, Amozoc, La Purisima San Francisco Acatepec, San Pedro Cholula 72875 Mexico
It was between 1650 and 1750 when the wonderful façade of this church was made and it is considered a masterpiece of Mexican Baroque. The main reason that makes the church of San Francisco Acatepec a great attraction is the gallantry displayed by each of the mosaics that cover it and make it look colorful.
Its fascinating multicolored façade was designed and created only for it; you can see the 3 point mosaics in the form of a triangle up close, and this is because it required rapid construction and it was decided to put more than 2 strips of tiles in the furnace and used 3 sticks to place mosaics on top of each other, this helps to distinguish the originality of the pieces.
The interior of the church is no less important as it houses an incredible architecture, as well as being the only one in the municipality that has two rows of mirrors. The warmth of its fiscals and the people who guard the church are very pleasant and make you feel part of the community.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia de Santa Maria Tonanzintla (Church of Santa Maria Tonanzintla), Av. Reforma Norte S/N, San Andres Cholula 72828 Mexico
Sixteenth century temple that defines the popular baroque art par excellence. Its name originates in the Nahuatl language, and means "place of our mother".
In the pre-Hispanic culture Tonantzin is one of the names of the goddess of corn and is associated with the protection of men.
The interpretation of its interior is an advocation to the heaven of Mary, you can see brown angels, Mexican fruits such as: papayas and even chilies; objects like plumes, and eagle knight outfits.
Another version explains that it is the representation of one of the pre-Hispanic heavens: the Tlalocan. Its construction underwent 4 important stages, one of which caused the tower to be inside the temple, a peculiar characteristic of the temple.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Museo Internacional del Barroco, Reserva Territorial Atlixcayotl, 2501, Puebla Mexico
Let yourself fall in love with an extraordinary place ...
The International Baroque Museum (Museo Internacional del Barroco, MIB) is a building designed by the eminent Japanese architect Toyo Ito (2013 Prizker Prize), which houses outstanding expressions of the vast artistic and cultural heritage of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, one of the most prolific eras of the history of humanity.
The venue captures the multicultural sensibility that linked Mexico, and especially Puebla, with the most advanced manifestations of the visual arts, music, literature and science, in a period of universal expansion of trade and political structures.
Additionally, the Museum captures the contemporary neo-baroque sensibility, as it reappears in the media, fashion and other social activities.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
*All the hotels in Puebla city include (if your hotel don't appear in the list please write the address)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- No recomendable para personas con síntomas de fiebre, dolor de cabeza y tos. El tour se apegará a las medidas y protocolos sanitarios de cada sitio a visitar.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- EMPRESA CERTIFICADA EN PUNTO LIMPIO POR SECTUR MÉXICO. En caso que se detecté síntomas de COVID-19 en el turista se negará el servicio y se retendrá un 25% por gastos operativos. Se firma carta de deslinde de responsabilidades al inicio del tour y una carta de satisfacción al final del tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.