Christ the Redeemer Sugar Loaf Mountain & Selaron Steps
Join our Small Groups tour and enjoy a great opportunity to meet two of the greatest Rio’s landmarks in the same day, on an intimate express tour.
You will also get acquainted with Santa Teresa and its unique charming architecture and visit the famous Selaron Steps. A van will do the pick-up and the drop off at most hotels in Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana.
On the tour we will make most of your time by showing you 3 of Rio’s biggest attractions, leaving you with more free time to get to know many other wonders in Rio. This is an excellent option to see the best of Rio if you want limited time in the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Roundtrip Transfer to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana (South Zone), and some in Barra da Tijuca
- Professional Tour Guide
- Visit to Selaron Steps
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- After hotel pick ups, we go up to the Corcovado Mountain through the dense Tijuca rain forest to the 38m tall (125ft) Christ Redeemer Statue. The guide has between 40 and 50 minutes to show the wonderful sights of Rio. From the top, enjoy the spectacular views of Rio and the surrounding countryside.
After riding back down, you will pass by the charming Santa Teresa before arriving at Sugar Loaf.
As you make your way to Sugar Loaf, you will get acquainted with Santa Teresa, a neighborhood with a complete different vibe from the rest of Rio. Here, Old Rio comes alive. Santa Teresa is a neighborhood where laid-backness and tradition meet. But it also brings you street art, such as the amazing Selaron Steps.
We will visit the beautiful steps done in ceramic by artist Jorge Selarón are one of a kind.
You will have about 20 minutes or so to contemplate it before continue your tour back to your hotel or continuing on to Sugar Loaf Mountain.
After that, we will visit the top of Sugar Loaf in two steps by cable car. The first cable car takes you to Urca Hill, a vantage point 215 meters high for which already grants beautiful views of Guanabara Bay and its islands, the Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. From this stage, a second cable car takes you up to the top. At 395 meters we’ll enjoy splendid views of Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói.
Enjoy this magnificent scenerey for about 45 minutes until you have to get back down to catch the van which will bring you back to your hotel. If visiting in the afternoon, prepare yourself for the spectacular sunset from the top of Sugar Loaf.
Departure Point :Grand Hyatt Barra Grand Nobile Barra Windsor Barra Hilton Barra Grand Melia Sheraton Grand Rio Sofitel Ipanema Fasano Ipanema JW Marriott Copacabana Palace Hilton Copacabana
Departure Time :Pick up points:
Copacabana Palace Hotel
Sheraton Grand Rio
Grand Hyatt Barra
Hilton Barra da Tijuca
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.