Christchurch Horse Trekking
Experience the pleasures of a 1.5 hour horse ride on the Banks of the Waimakariri River, with magnificent and breathtaking views of the Southern Alps.
You will be collected from your centrally located Christchruch accommodation and taken approximately 25 minutes from the city center of Christchurch. An experienced teacher will accompany you on the trek and is available to provide advice and assistance. There are treks and horses available for both the beginner and experienced rider.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Horse trekking (1 hr trek)
- Jet Boating on Waimakariri River (If option selected at time of booking)
- Sheep farm visit (If option selected at time of booking)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Cruise port pickup/drop off
After pickup from your centrally located hotel in Christchurch, you’re driven approximately 25 minutes from the city center to the banks of the Waimakariri River. On arrival, you’re matched with a horse for your trek, whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced rider. During your 1.5-hour guided horseback ride, led by an experienced instructor, marvel at stunning alpine views — a perfect outing for the entire family. You’ll travel through the pastoral landscapes of the Canterbury Plains to the foothills of the Southern Alps. Colloquially known as ‘The Waimak,’ the braided Waimakariri River flows all the way to the Pacific Ocean and is one of the region’s largest rivers.
If you’d like, combine your Waimakariri horse trekking experience with other attractions: Jet-Boat RideZip along the narrow canyon of Waimakariri Gorge on an exhilarating jet-boat ride. Brace yourself for a wild ride as you twist and turn down the gorge at high speed — a thrill to remember.
Sheep Farm Visit, See sheep dogs at work, rounding up the flock and penning them for you to pet. Watch a sheep shearing demonstration and have the opportunity to try your hand at it as well.
• Leisure Tours, Christchurch New Zealand
• Waimakariri River, Main North Road Canterbury Region New Zealand
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
- A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wear closed toe shoes
- Wear long pants / trousers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.