Christmas at Chartwell House - Home of Sir Winston Churchill
Private Special Christmas Tour to Chartwell From London - The home of Sir Winston Churchill
Share in the memories of a Churchill family Christmas at Chartwell as you explore four rooms of the house decorated as the Churchill's would have enjoyed. Christmas lunch is also available in the restaurant on site.
At this time of the year the house closes for 3 months to allow for maintenance. But the grounds and Four rooms of the house are opened up for select Saturdays and Sundays in December.
• See how the Churchill's enjoyed Christmas
• Explore the gardens and grounds designed by Sir Winston Churchill
• Your own private driver and guide
• Visit the nearby village Westerham
• Christmas lunch on site or at a village pub (own expense)
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Chartwell
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chartwell Mapleton Road, Westerham TN16 1PS England
After being picked up from your Hotel by your very own private driver and guide you will be transported to the beautiful Kent countryside (Approximately one hour from London)
Chartwell house is the much loved long term home of Sir Winston and Lady Clementine Churchill and their family. The Churchill's lived there from 1924 until 1965. The house went straight from them to the National Trust and is a perfectly preserved time capsule and monument to the Great Man and his much cherished Wife. Everything you see is original, and belonged to him and his family.
On arrival we will take a gentle stroll around the grounds and gardens at Chartwell. Here you will see the Churchill's love of water features including the ponds and lakes built by Sir Winston himself. You will see the very view that made Winston fall in love with the estate, leading him to purchase the property without the knowledge of his wife Clementine.
Did you know Sir Winston was a bricklayer? Well you will see his handy work in the walled garden and the cottage he built as a play house for his daughter Mary.
This is a limited availability tour, and we will be allocated a time slot to enter the house after our garden stroll. Four rooms of the house will be open specially for December to give you the chance to see exactly how the Churchill's spent Christmas. You will be their special guest.
The tour also includes entry to Sir Winston Churchill's Art Studio.
(Other areas of the house will be closed for restoration and only re-open in March 2020, don't miss your chance to see the house at Christmas)
You will have time to enjoy the house at your leisure, and your guide will be pleased to show you items of particular interest.
After the house maybe you will want to enjoy shopping for Christmas gifts in the shop, or perhaps have a look at the onsite book shop.
Lunch can either be taken at the restaurant on site, or we can drive to the nearby village of Westerham to enjoy the atmosphere of a 500 year old pub.
This tour is at your pace, and in no way rushed with your own personal driver and guide.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Central London Accommodation or Landmark
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All UK Government Safety guidelines and requirements at the time of travel will be followed during your tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.