Christmas Walking Tour in Old Montreal
Experience the beauty of Montreal during the holidays on this Christmas-themed walking tour. Following your professional guide through the historic streets of Old Montreal, you’ll get wrapped up in the Christmas spirit as you admire the city’s twinkling lights and elaborate decorations. Visit Victoria Square and learn about the city’s centuries-old European holiday traditions, and see beautifully adorned Santa Claus figurines before checking out famous Bonsecours Market.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 1.5-hour Christmas-themed walking tour
- Professional, local guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3Y8 Canada
Meet your guide and group at Victoria Square in the evening and begin your Christmas walking tour through Old Montreal, the oldest area of the city. Feel as though you’re traveling through time as you explore the historic streets with your professional guide, who’ll tell you about Montreal’s holiday traditions that have been a part of the city’s culture for centuries.
Get into the holiday spirit as you admire the wonderful decorations and shimmering lights of Old Montreal’s streets, shops, museums and hotel lobbies. As you wander, learn about New France, the area colonized by France in the 1500s which includes Montreal, and hear how the region's customs are still alive today.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Montreal World Trade Centre, 747 Victoria Square (At St-Antoine), Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3Y9 Canada
Head to Montreal’s World Trade Center to check out its Santa Claus exhibit, where you'll see beautifully adorned Santa Claus figurines -- sure to delight people of all ages.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bonsecours Market (Marche Bonsecours), 350 St-Paul St E (Near Place Jacques-Cartier), Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1H2 Canada
End your tour at the two-story domed Bonsecours Market, which has been Montreal’s main public market for more than 100 years. Browse specialty Christmas items as well as local artwork, jewelry, clothing, furniture and kitchenware -- this is a great place to stock up on Christmas presents for the whole family!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :360 Rue Saint-Jacques, Montréal, QC H2Y 2N1, Canada
Return Detail :Bonsecours Market, 350 Rue Saint Paul Est, Montréal, QC H2Y 1H2, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Sidewalk may be slippery
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Wearing a mask will not be mandatory, but strongly recommended for all visitors. Our guides who are sick, showing COVID-19 related symptoms, awaiting a diagnosis, have been in contact with a probable/confirmed case in the last 14 days or have recently travelled abroad will not be allowed to work.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.